Sponsored

Where are all the CFHP GT500's? (Carbon Fiber Handling Package)

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
What's the deal? There are 2021 base, HP and CFTP GT500's for sale everywhere. Maybe someone here can fill me in, but I've been browsing online everywhere and can't seem to find any CFHP GT500's for sale nor any online reviews. I've seen only 1 YouTube video of a guy doing a walkaround on (I'm guessing) his Twister Orange CFHP GT500.

Please enlighten me.

If you have one, post them here!
Sponsored

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
I've seen some on another forum, but there are not many of them in circulation. As I understand it, the CFHP was an answer to what to do with visually blemished CF wheels: paint them black and sell them on a separate package. Apparently there aren't as many blemished wheels now... this combined with the factory shutdown and you end up with very few CFHP cars.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

Sponsored

4petesnake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFHP, 2005 E46 M3
Have CFHP on the way and hoping it arrives by this weekend. Talked to Chief Engineer Carl Widman at Ford Nat’ls in Carlisle on Sat and asked about reports of orders being kicked back, which he commented that as a limited run orders are subject to availability of painted CF blem wheels. Carbon Revolutions naturally wants to avoid them happening as much as possible with manufacturing costs being the same and actually more with painting. So CR changed their process where the carbon weave is now done later and effectively reduced blems, to the point where he wasn’t sure there would be enough for CFHPs to be offered in 2022.

OP
OP
RJ787

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
Have CFHP on the way and hoping it arrives by this weekend. Talked to Chief Engineer Carl Widman at Ford Nat’ls in Carlisle on Sat and asked about reports of orders being kicked back, which he commented that as a limited run orders are subject to availability of painted CF blem wheels. Carbon Revolutions naturally wants to avoid them happening as much as possible with manufacturing costs being the same and actually more with painting. So CR changed their process where the carbon weave is now done later and effectively reduced blems, to the point where he wasn’t sure there would be enough for CFHPs to be offered in 2022.
Congrats! How did you spec it out? Would love to see pictures here after you get it settled!

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Thanks, amigo and I see that it says Ford limited the CFHP's to just two hundred units! Yo, no wonder they're not being seen.
That's a rare bird.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So maybe I don't get a 2022 CFHP then. I guess time will tell.

If not, oh well. It will be a 2022 none the less.

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The "this CF wheel is a blem so we'll just paint it black but due to corrective measures we don't have the quantity we planned on" excuse is rather silly. CR has made a number of production improvements over the past few years to up their capacity and quality. It isn't as if Ford doesn't have enough built in margin to simply choose a CFHP production number, paint a given quantity of CF wheels black and sell the wingless GT500's at X price.

The Golden Ticket BS was a farce. The "allocation" process has been nothing but a means to bilk. And now ridiculously low numbers of CFHP cars will see the public's hands (unless you are a Ford executive and would like to have one). The chip situation is indeed gas on an already blazing fire but the whole GT500 sales program has absolutely sucked from inception.

4petesnake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFHP, 2005 E46 M3
Congrats! How did you spec it out? Would love to see pictures here after you get it settled!
FP blue, white painted stripes, CF dash, tech pkg, comfort seats, also got set of like new Recaros separately. Will def post pics. It’s in a railcar just couple hours away from final stop.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Links won’t open for me. Sure that’s not a CFTP car at that MSRP? Not a CFHP???

The CFHP car spec as I want it is $86k MSRP.

EDIT: link finally opened. It’s a CFTP car your dealership has. Still $30K ADM is nucking futs!!!

My local dealer has one available and sitting on the showroom floor. Given the ridiculous $30K ADM they have on it, it will likely stay there for a while.

https://www.fordofmurfreesboro.com/new-Murfreesboro-2020-Ford-Mustang-Shelby+GT500-1FA6P8SJ1L5505312

https://www.windowsticker.forddirec...pHd8/lve55AQH6YnD+6a1vl+X0Pb+Y0mEFzclr5nJ9kQ=

Sticker is $105,590.
Sponsored

Last edited: