Wheel Well Liner Question

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Trying to remove the wheel well liner so I can get access to the side marker lights without having to remove the splitter. The last two plastic screw looking things by the brake duct coolers won't come off. Anyone have any luck getting them off?
Sponsored

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
They are a single piece. Not like the two piece ones used elsewhere. Get a pair of needle nose pliers under the cap and just manhandle it. I used a rocking technique to get each side a bit further out until they popped out. It takes a fair bit of work.

I think they are supposed to be single use, but I reused them. Just make sure not to mangle the heads...which is not easy. Good luck.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
They are a single piece. Not like the two piece ones used elsewhere. Get a pair of needle nose pliers under the cap and just manhandle it. I used a rocking technique to get each side a bit further out until they popped out. It takes a fair bit of work.

I think they are supposed to be single use, but I reused them. Just make sure not to mangle the heads...which is not easy. Good luck.
Thank you so much for your help! Wish I would have asked 3 hours ago lol

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
auto parts stores have tools made for removing the little "Christmas tree" fasteners as well.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
auto parts stores have tools made for removing the little "Christmas tree" fasteners as well.
Is that what those are called?

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Is that what those are called?
Trim removal tool or panel removal tool, AKA push pin removal tool. They have a screwdriver style handle and the working end is large and flat with a cut out for the push pin. There are some that have a pivoting piece you squeeze to help pull out the push pin (like a pair of pliers in reverse). The cheaper ones like I have you just slip the end underneath the head of the push pin and lever it out.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Trim removal tool or panel removal tool, AKA push pin removal tool. They have a screwdriver style handle and the working end is large and flat with a cut out for the push pin. There are some that have a pivoting piece you squeeze to help pull out the push pin (like a pair of pliers in reverse). The cheaper ones like I have you just slip the end underneath the head of the push pin and lever it out.
Thank you bud! I'll head to o riley and get one.
Sponsored