Sponsored

What's the funniest/oddest/ignorant comment someone said about your 350?

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
Heck, I competitively race an e36 M3 (NA). But, being dogged on public roads (crowded ones at that) to go burn up some asphalt approaches a level of stupidity I'd like to pretend doesn't exist. The car looked well set up and cared for, and may have been FI, but still . . .
Ah, I see what you mean now. I get prospected to race almost every time I drive the car. Most the time its in rush hour traffic. Someone, with a lot to prove, will rev next to me, floor it, change lanes abruptly and then slam their brakes as they approach the next traffic group. :shrug: Best just to ignore them completely. :cheers:

Last edited:

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
2 days ago they had this great 2 page article on the GT350 in one of the bigger newspaper and guy mentionned that the car weighted 4500lbs !!!!:doh:

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Kid asked me if it had a V8...he was maybe 10 so I gave him a pass. That was at a car show.
A "topper" at my gym asked if that was the new GT500. I said no, but the 350 and the 500's in this body style hadn't come out yet. He then proceeded to tell of his buddies '14 GT500 convertible bragging it was the last of the solid axle cars, like it was a good thing. Then said he made 200whp more over stock from just headers and an exhaust. I asked him to repeat that last part. Conversation was done at that point. No use schooling the ignorant.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I'm pumping gas, A guy driving a mitsubishi with three different color fenders said your car sounds like ass. I told him his car is a piece of shit.
I would be seriously dumbfounded if I was in your position, like did I just go into the twilight zone? :doh:

Sponsored

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
Not sure about your skill level, but what did he say after you passed him?
I didn't pass him, but he couldn't keep up lol. What's crazy is that he only had one arm. He drove a e46 m3 with a modified paddle shifter setup, and he was the fastest of all the m3 cars at summit, including a new one. He came to me the next day and said "you were right" lol.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I had an Audi guy pull up next to me and tell me it's the nicest modified Mustang he's ever seen! :)

Had a Challenger want to race me in traffic and when I ignored him, he sped past me, cut me off and his passenger gave me the finger as they made a right turn in front of me. Karma, MFer, karma.

WingnuT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 1985 GT Conv, 1966 Fastback
When I took it in for a smog check to get my CA title, the tech wouldn't touch it. Said the exposed air cleaner was an aftermarket part and he wouldn't pass it. Even after I showed him pictures of it in the Ownwer's Manual he said he could lose his license if he worked on it. Took me 15 minutes of showing him Googled pictures under the hood and swearing to him it was stock before he accepted it, tested it and gave me my smog cert.

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
I stop by Dunkin Donuts for coffee a few times a week in the morning so they know me. I drive my Nismo Juke RS most days and occasionally would drive my Grabber Blue Boss 302. I drove my new GT350 and the young man asked me, "wow, what kind of car is that..." I said, "it's the new GT350, I just traded my Boss 302"...He said, glad you did, I don't like Mustangs...I love your new GT350. Great choice."...I thought to myself...Wow...

Sponsored

benjaminlox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 gt350
I get a lot of; "I'm surprised you bought a Mustang" from friends. Then I fire it up. They understand after that. :D
This! I have never been a Ford connoisseur, especially the Mustang, but one can not deny the specialness of the Shelby gt350.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
In not sure if I think people are dumb for calling it a Mustang, but I'm just trying to figure out how to correct them without sounding like a total douche.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
For me, a female (dare I say) officer at work said "Nice body kit". I just said "thanks". Didn't want her to bust a cap or raise the egress on me.

:cheers:
Nice Mustang !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ford::ford:

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I had one comment today that my wheels weren't fully painted (referring to the ceramic coating on the front of the R wheels) Then they proceed to tell me wheels can't be made from Carbon Fiber because its not strong enough

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Kurac, how did you know he was a "topper" LOL?
Everything I said about my car, he had a response of someone he knows that had something "better"
Sponsored