Sponsored

Whats the coolest feature you didn't know your car had?

MultiMediaWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Magnetic
Valet mode not only locks the touch screen, but it also locks the center console and the trunk.
Sponsored

coolcamden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT. Black. CS. 6A. 401A
after 2 months I found that Sync reads my text messages while driving, in any language...
Can you explain how to do this? I can get it to find my iphone, even as the phone is already synched for phone function.

GManAZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Not sure if this has been mentioned...

Normally, if you turn off the engine, the radio stays on. Open the door, it shuts off. Everybody knows that I'm sure.

But if you press the center of the volume knob - where it says IO - the radio will come back on - without touching the start button and even with the door open. If you don't manually turn it back off that way, the car will honk at you when you close the door to remind you that the radio is on.

It surprised me when did it accidentally while cleaning the dash.
Nice! Did not know that one!

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Yes....

This is normal.....every car I've ever driven has done this.

Is manual shift really a new/uncommon thing for you guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 90 GT that I used to have would buck and lurch if you just tried to coast at idle in 1st gear, so no, not every manual transmission car has this. Perhaps you are too young to have driven older cars? Not really sure, but in years gone by, if you released the clutch without giving it throttle, it would stall. I'm sure you could ever so slowly ease up on the clutch (think 10-15 seconds to release it kind of pace) it MIGHT not initially stall out, but the car would buck a few times before stalling out if you didn't give it some throttle.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
You will hear that bong bong sound if you accidentally leave your turn signal on (argh!) :headbonk: At first I was all 'WTH is wrong?', but I soon figured it out.
Thankfully this only happened once. Drives me crazy when other people do it. I want to know where you're going, not where ya been. ;)

Sponsored

JRivera

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, PP
I recently realized that the navigation system shows you the speed limit for the road you're on. It show on about 95% of the roads I've been on, and when the speed limit changes it shows the changes fairly quick as well.

Sk0t24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I can't figure it out either and I'm on iphone. I already have text to speech turned on in the settings but it never does it.
While your phone is connected to the vehicle, go into your phone’s Bluetooth settings and activate Notifications. On your iPhone:
1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth > SYNC*
2. Set Show Notifications to ON.

TWilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
I haven't been able to receive voice texts ever since installing the Sync update. I've got all the correct settings made. I guess my next step will be to unpair and then re-pair the phone; see if that fixes it.

Sponsored

XDMan

El Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium With 50th Anniversary Pack
I have an iPhone 6 Plus and get this message on the car's display.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Nice! Did not know that one!
I didn't either, I'm not sure I even believe it ... trying it right now ...

:D

OK, yeah, I've got Sync3/401a, for mine, as long as the lights are still on, you can press the ON/OFF button and reactivate the stereo (once the car totally shuts down, lights off, it becomes inactive).

Neat.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I recently realized that the navigation system shows you the speed limit for the road you're on. It show on about 95% of the roads I've been on, and when the speed limit changes it shows the changes fairly quick as well.
It'd be nice if it showed it when you didn't have the navigation full screen as well.

TWilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
I have an iPhone 6 Plus and get this message on the car's display.

iPhone 5S; exact same problem. Re-pairing did not fix it. Worked before the update, doesn't work now (speech to text on messages). System won't pick up the messages.

Only change is the Sync update, so…we know where the problem lies.

break80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT /MT/Ingot
can you setup the readout in the middle of the dash to have a digital speedometer?
Sponsored