What's next for the s550?

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The new Hi-Performance option for the Ecoboost effectively is your new SVO
Hi Po Ecoboost 3.jpg
No, the SVO was faster than the GT. It also had a better suspension and way better upscale interior, among many other things that the hi-tech SVO had over the measly GT.
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Yes, but that was the 80s. Fast cars were turbocharged, and fast people were cocaine-charged.
I believe next year we will see the SVO that outperforms the GT... & I think it will be electric assist.

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I believe next year we will see the SVO that outperforms the GT... & I think it will be electric assist.
That would be a shocker! I'm still hoping for a v8 EcoBoost but that's probably never going to happen. 4 or 6 EcoBoost with electric assist is probably more realistic!

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford said "v8 power" from the hybrid. I dont know where they would slot that model in the lineup though.

That would seriously jeopardize the GT350/500 though. A v8 EcoBoost pp2 with a10 (no way they would keep the M82 in a boosted car) would be insane. Even if they factory down tuned it to like 4-5psi and like 550ish horsepower.
Manual and 700+hp I'm in!

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They'll never do it though. The Shelby badge let's them charge a hefty premium.
Agree. They didn't put a set of twins on because it's not shelby heritage but yet they put in the 1st ever auto in a shelby. So much for heritage. DCT + V8 EcoBoost would of made more sense. Super charged manual would of made Carol and me smile!

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
No, the SVO was faster than the GT. It also had a better suspension and way better upscale interior, among many other things that the hi-tech SVO had over the measly GT.
True......but it didn't sell well because people preferred to spend the same money on the V8 GT.

Ford won't produce a 4-cylinder that outperforms the V8s........at least not until they are ready to drop that V8, and that 'aint happening yet.

As for the hybrid.....don't forget this.

hm-1.jpg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT