K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
I'm calling it now.....

2.7 EB replaces 3.7 and becomes mid tier.....
If this happens, I'll be the first person here to order one. But I seriously doubt they would do that, as much as I'm dreaming of how fraking awesome that'd be. A Grabber Blue S550 with a 360+hp TT V6 under $30k...:cheers:

PLEASE FORD!?!:ford:

BGM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6
Ugh, I want to trade in my '13 some time during the spring/summer since it will need new tires before fall and the warranty will expire in August. But I'd hate to get a '16 or '17 when one more year of patience could mean a much improved Mustang.

Looked at a Camaro recently too and then went right to a Ford dealer to sit in a new Mustang. Mustang certainly wins in styling and interior comfort and the backseat is usable, so it dominates Camaro in the "daily driver" department IMHO. The Camaro drivetrain lineup is much more appealing to me though below the V8, which is where I'm most likely to purchase. Hard to get over the mental hurdle of not picking the best performing car in a performance car segment though.

Very curious to know which strategy will sell more cars over the long run: going all in on performance like Chevy or Ford's seemingly more balanced approach.

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Oh don't forget the (probable) MSRP hike as well!

I'm sure that will be new...

Looks like it will be a 2018 MY before we see anything really new to be fresh. Maybe 2018 will be my year.
Nooooo there will surely be another updat in 2020 with even more goodies. You should wait for that.

Sponsored

American

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT / 17 GT350
So excited they didn't update it! I was worried my 16 would be obsolete before I could pick it up.

2blackstangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT w/ PP | 1993 LX Notch
Sorry to see the DIB color choice go. I always thought that was a great color on the Mustang.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Sorry to see the DIB color choice go. I always thought that was a great color on the Mustang.
I really wish I was in a position to grab a 2016 in DIB. The color really looks great in the sun and at night.

I've been a Camaro fan most of my life, but until Chevy realizes that 98% of these cars are driven on the street and visibility matters, the Mustang is going to continue to sell well. Depending on what is fully offered in 2017, I may wait for 2018 to make my big purchase on a Mustang GT Premium.

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
and hopefully CO will be back in 2018

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
If this happens, I'll be the first person here to order one. But I seriously doubt they would do that, as much as I'm dreaming of how fraking awesome that'd be. A Grabber Blue S550 with a 360+hp TT V6 under $30k...:cheers:

PLEASE FORD!?!:ford:
I can see one of two things happening.

1. The v8 in the GT gets replaced with the EB 3.5 that is now in the raptor and ford GT. Now don't start yelling that ford will never remove the v8 from the Mustang... There is nothing that says the GT has to have a V8. The Mach 1 could become the lowest tier Mustang with a V8. If ford's plan is this then I do not see the 2.7 happening.

2. The GT keeps its V8 for awhile longer and the 2.7 is added to the lineup.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Bwahaha Handed them the sales lead? The Mustang has been outselling Camaro by thousands of cars per month since the S550 started selling over a year ago.

The new one is barely on lots, very few V8s and the turbo 4 isn't even being built yet. And the SS starts at $4k more than the GT. And pretty much looks like the old ones overall. I dont see anyone rushing to lots to buy new Camaros.

Cropped from the mustang6g homepage to show since the S550. Red is mustang sales towering over Camaro in yellow. The closest the Camaro has come is 1,000 cars less one month and as much a 4-9,000 cars less in quite a few months
Right, you made my point for me. A brand new car outselling a car that's been out for 5 years is no feat. Neither is outselling a car that hasn't had time to build up dealer inventory. Don't forget the gen 5 Camaro kept up or beat Mustang sales for four years from 2010-2013. Not trying to keep dragging the Camaro into this but I feel like Ford kind of shot themselves in the foot with this one. They could have done a few new options very easily. Active exhaust ported over from the GT350, heads up shift light, upgraded steering wheel, new appearance package or special edition, etc. At least they gave 2017 GT350s more options flexibility.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
They could have done a few new options very easily. Active exhaust ported over from the GT350, heads up shift light, upgraded steering wheel, new appearance package or special edition, etc. At least they gave 2017 GT350s more options flexibility.
Whilst I agree that would have been nice, I'd much rather they focus all efforts and $$ on ensuring the '18MY is as strong as it can be. Sure, another 12 months seems an eternity (especially when you hit F5 on threads like this one as often as I do :eek: ) but I hope we can look back and think the wait was well worth it :thumbsup:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Whilst I agree that would have been nice, I'd much rather they focus all efforts and $$ on ensuring the '18MY is as strong as it can be. Sure, another 12 months seems an eternity (especially when you hit F5 on threads like this one as often as I do :eek: ) but I hope we can look back and think the wait was well worth it :thumbsup:
Agreed. I'm sure they're hard at work making the 2018s pretty sweet. :thumbsup: Still hoping for the 2018 Bullitt that probably won't happen. :headbonk:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Buy an '18MY......invest in a DHG wrap and a set of Torq Thrusts :thumbsup:

(assuming Ford don't build their own......c'mon Ford :ford: )

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Keep in mind that a "Bullitt" car is entirely dependent on Warner Brothers allowing Ford to produce it. Warner Brothers may want a very significant fee to use the Bullitt name. If WB said no go the only thing Ford could do would be to produce a DHG car with the torque thrust styled wheels and put the gauges in retro font. We all know what it is, but they couldn't call it that.

Mach 1 is internal at Ford, and needs no special outside permissions or licenses to put it into production.
Sponsored