Sponsored

What y'all think of the new saleen??

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
horrible... There is no point to these aftermarket "special edition" cars. Ford makes the ultimate mustang and anyone can slap a supercharger on a GT
Sponsored

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT PP2
lol no. unless you like camarofying a mustang. I just hate how the lower half of the bumper is black. Would have looked cooler if it was just the black lip and rest of it painted.

they should have used an rs3 or a super snake instead of that saleen but owell at least the mustang won... because of the professional GRC driver Tanner Foust who is a beast. Too bad he drives beetles now instead of the fiesta.

everybody goes back and forth on that saleen. you either hate it or love it.

How did I know you would respond?:lol:

The Roush front bumper looks like it ran into a wall with the flattened nose and the fog lights look like walmart specials, not to mention the placement of them. Looks like a 5 year old designed it.
The Steeda front bumper looks better than both the Roush and the Saleen.
As a previous Roush owner I am very disappointed with the looks of the S550 Roush front end, the back end is still sexy af.:thumbsup:

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
horrible... There is no point to these aftermarket "special edition" cars. Ford makes the ultimate mustang and anyone can slap a supercharger on a GT
To some, there's more than just adding hp only. Like aero, and cooling, and brakes, and handling, and looks and and and...

But yes, anyone could "build" their own Mustang with all the parts they pick and choose. Special editions can seem pointless to those folks who want to build it their way.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
How did I know you would respond?:lol:

The Roush front bumper looks like it ran into a wall with the flattened nose and the fog lights look like walmart specials, not to mention the placement of them. Looks like a 5 year old designed it.
The Steeda front bumper looks better than both the Roush and the Saleen.
As a previous Roush owner I am very disappointed with the looks of the S550 Roush front end, the back end is still sexy af.:thumbsup:
Ffs it's not flat

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
To some, there's more than just adding hp only. Like aero, and cooling, and brakes, and handling, and looks and and and...
But yes, anyone could "build" their own Mustang with all the parts they pick and choose. Special editions can seem pointless to those folks who want to build it their way.
Very true sir! :)

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

1BlinkGone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
I think the aftermarket offerings (Shelby, Saleen, Roush) are great ideas and give some cool options. The argument of "there is no point to these aftermarket edition cars" pretty much gets thrown out the window when we admit, grudgingly or not, that many Mustang owners modify their cars with aftermarket parts anyway. Let's face it, every single car with anything but OEM parts IS an aftermarket edition of sorts, commercial or not.

To say that Ford from the factory does everything right and perfect is pretty much a head in the sand perspective, if only for the fact that part of what drives the aftermarket is CORRECT SOLUTIONS for Ford's oversights or beancounter modifications for the sake of CHEEP. So yeah, I like the aftermarket car offerings just by virtue of their availability. For me, I don't have the time nor desire to spend my off hours modifying my car to what it should have been in the first place, or better. Nice to have some turnkey offerings. YMMV.

Last edited:

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Saleen screwed a lot of us when he sold the company back in 08 or 09. Many of us had Saleen S/C's that were sold as warrantied. They refused to honor the warranty and many were screwed. I had my front bearing go in mine. They refused to cover it. I'd never consider buying anything from Saleen again.