What will you do to tune your 5.0?

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
I am curious what people will do to tune your 2015 5.0 if anything? With what you do will it void the factory warranty? What kind of numbers can you squeeze out with your tweeks?

I have read that the coyote motor can handle major "upgrades"

Interested in your thoughts.
Sponsored

Triple Wile E

Paxton'd Wile E
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 TYPP Mustang GT
Mine will be going to JMS for a dyno after the exhaust and intake go on. I'm not really worry about the factory warranty. Not sure of numbers until after I get it tuned. This will be my first coyote so we will see what I can get out of it.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
FRPP Track Key (not announced as of yet but it's coming). May not be as aggressive as 3rd party tunes, but no warranty concerns...

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
FRPP Track Key (not announced as of yet but it's coming). May not be as aggressive as 3rd party tunes, but no warranty concerns...
+1

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
How do we know a FRPP track key is coming for the 2015's?

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
How do we know a FRPP track key is coming for the 2015's?
Speculation, but it drives service business to the dealer, it's controlled by Ford and it's a slick gimmick. Maybe it will be a different fob or maybe a track app, many possibilities. The fact that all the cars come with the technology (Synch, etc) it makes it a very obvious possibility.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Definitely, making sure I'm prepared for the FRPP TracKey, if/when it gets released. By then, I'll have my stripes and tint done and be ready for some performance tuning. I'll likely wait for the tune before I get too serious about updating the exhaust. I'm really hoping I can find a beefy and understated exhaust by Spring. I'm not looking for volume. Of course, I'll add a CAI pretty quickly as well.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I'm hoping for the Track Key also.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I'm hoping for the Track Key also.
+ 1 I want the Track Key and whatever else is needed to make sure I don't throw a code with an o/r H pipe to get rid of the suitcase.

No CAI for now, no suspension mods for a while. Only things I will do are exhaust and maybe some weight reduction here and there.

Sponsored

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
Modding is fun!

For sure: Tint (will look great with black PP wheels on Ruby Red GT), it's really sunny here, black interior)

Likelies and maybes: TracKey, cat-back exhaust (Borla?, Ford Racing?, Roush?), short shifter, more attractive shift knob, Lloyd's Ultimats, stainless brake lines, maybe even an aluminum driveshaft (if one can be fitted to the new car)

Still thinking...

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Gonna drive it for a little while then probably a belt driven intake manifold (aka TVS) from vmp with his tune. Sticky tires and let's go run 10's!

OP
OP
Twenty15

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
Modding is fun!

For sure: Tint (will look great with black PP wheels on Ruby Red GT), it's really sunny here, black interior)

Likelies and maybes: TracKey, cat-back exhaust (Borla?, Ford Racing?, Roush?), short shifter, more attractive shift knob, Lloyd's Ultimats, stainless brake lines, maybe even an aluminum driveshaft (if one can be fitted to the new car)

Still thinking...
Soup. Are you going to buy a stripe kit or are you going to plastic dip your stripes? I will tint my windows as well. It might get done before I pick it up from the dealer.

back to the topic. Most seem to be doing the obvious exhaust and track key. Anybody going to do cold air induction? What about the aftermarket tuners? Hypertech, bullydog, etc.

1FatSlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing fun yet
So this is what now, a Ford Racing dealer-installed tune?

I'm definitely keen on keeping my warranty for at least the first couple years... Would this theoretically allow you to tune the car yourself, or would it be one specific calibration/tune that opens up the performance a bit more?

Would it get rid of the top speed governor?
Sponsored