Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Steeda claims 22 rwhp without a tune ! That's pretty decent and the build quality of the CAI is amazing !
They might claim it, but it's not going to happen especially to an untuned car
Sponsored

Mrford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT DIB
You would be surprised what an air filter can do to a cars performance i know with my Renault Megane having replaced the stock filter with a bmc filter it made a significant difference.

That said its personal preference.

Only one way to find out I'll dyno mine before and after I install it !!

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
You would be surprised what an air filter can do to a cars performance i know with my Renault Megane having replaced the stock filter with a bmc filter it made a significant difference.

That said its personal preference.

Only one way to find out I'll dyno mine before and after I install it !!
Generally you can get good gains from a cai, especially if it is a true cai. The stock mustang intake really isn't that bad. I would love to be proven wrong though and for yours to make an extra 22!

TassieDave302

Moca Member 2749 Vic/Tas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1968 Coupe , 2016 Fastback GT
Just a couple of things to do before she goes on the road

Hi All, been reading with interest what everyone is doing or going to do to their pride and Joy . I have an auto GT Fastback in Race Red currently having a cruise and due to disembark in Melbourne on the 22nd of June. What i have sitting waiting to go on is
Complete Roush Facia
Roush side scoops
Steeda progressive springs
2/12 ' S/Steel Borla S Type cat back exhaust
19 x 9 1/12 " and 19 x 10 1/2 Semi Forged Alloys
Roush Cold air induction
Ford strut brace
Craigs front number plate frame (no holes in front bar)
Tinted headlight covers and tint for the driving lights
Bonnet struts.
The wife is looking forward to actually seeing the car and not invoices , will post pics of finished product . It will be unique and probably won't be to everyone's liking but just like my 68 it will stand out in a crowd. Look forward to reading more on what on everyone is doing.
Cheers
Dave

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Hey RSpec
Thanks heaps for that, doesn't really look any different to the US one I have. Don't want to be a pain in the arse, but do you mind taking a photo of the underside of the drivers side, just want to see if they have ground any of the brace out :shrug:
Here is a photo of the underside of the driver's side.

It looks like they have ground away a bit much in one spot but I'm not concerned as this is mainly for aesthetics anyway.

Sponsored

AussieGreg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon FGMkII XR6 Turbo, 2016 Ford Mustang GT
Hi All, been reading with interest what everyone is doing or going to do to their pride and Joy . I have an auto GT Fastback in Race Red currently having a cruise and due to disembark in Melbourne on the 22nd of June. What i have sitting waiting to go on is
Complete Roush Facia
Roush side scoops
Steeda progressive springs
2/12 ' S/Steel Borla S Type cat back exhaust
19 x 9 1/12 " and 19 x 10 1/2 Semi Forged Alloys
Roush Cold air induction
Ford strut brace
Craigs front number plate frame (no holes in front bar)
Tinted headlight covers and tint for the driving lights
Bonnet struts.
The wife is looking forward to actually seeing the car and not invoices , will post pics of finished product . It will be unique and probably won't be to everyone's liking but just like my 68 it will stand out in a crowd. Look forward to reading more on what on everyone is doing.
Cheers
Dave

Hi Dave you said you have tinted headlight covers. Where did you buy them from? Sounds like something I want to fit. Received my Ford Racing Strut Brace today from Blue oval Industries.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Hi Dave you said you have tinted headlight covers. Where did you buy them from? Sounds like something I want to fit. Received my Ford Racing Strut Brace today from Blue oval Industries.
CJPP has tinted headlight covers (company is GTS, can probably find them elsewhere) - not sure of their legality here, they look like more than 15% tint, which would put them into 'banned' category.

And then there seem to be vinyl kits around - there's a whole suite of stuff from Anchor Room, for example.

BKStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Mustang, Auto, Magneride, Recaro's
Here is a photo of the underside of the driver's side.

It looks like they have ground away a bit much in one spot but I'm not concerned as this is mainly for aesthetics anyway.

Thanks RSPEC, exactly what I was after, looks like they have taken a little bit of the base plate, should be easy to do.:thumbsup:
Cheers

TassieDave302

Moca Member 2749 Vic/Tas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1968 Coupe , 2016 Fastback GT
Hi Greg , CJPP , No doubt will be ilegal but only takes seconds to remove if driving at night , shouldn't have too many issues down here , will post a pic when the car finally gets here and they are on. Cheers
Dave

Yuvraj

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuvraj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PP

Sponsored

Yuvraj

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuvraj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PP
plus my corsa extreme cat-back is getting replaced fairly soon with something even better its 3'' it has a normal x pipe and it is loud as f but it a bit deeper

sammyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt coupe-manual -magnetic
Just purchased an MBRP street exhaust for my GT from Car mods australia.

Highly recommend. Got back to me straight away with emails, and gave me a little discount. shipping was bugger all as well ( around $13 to melbourne )

Dealer has offered to fit the exhaust, lets just hope it gets here before i get my car.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
plus my corsa extreme cat-back is getting replaced fairly soon with something even better its 3'' it has a normal x pipe and it is loud as f but it a bit deeper
It's like you want to have a defect sticker placed on your dads car :doh:

Yuvraj

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuvraj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PP
It's like you want to have a defect sticker placed on your dads car :doh:
haha yesterday I was leaving my automotive tafe class and my teacher owns the new vf2 ssv redline wagon in grey he was getting out of the car park, once he got on the road he gave it a bit of gas and once the flaps opened in the exhaust my god that thing sounds so good much better than the extreme on my car. the ssv sounded so much more rich,deep and angry :love: but the mustangs needs the right exhaust it will sound way better than the vf2.

Barger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 V8 coupe
I have ordered the Hurracane full exhaust with ceramic headers from East Coast Customs in Brisbane...just waiting for my car
Sponsored