What To Use on Interior Plastics

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Does anyone have a good solution for cleaning the interior things like door panels, sills, dash, console, etc? I've used those interior wet wipes but they get dried out in the container after a long enough time. I'm not sure if I should use windex or glass cleaner. I haven't found anything that I really like - and a black interior is always dirty!
Sponsored

NasaStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium CO A6
I use chemical guys glass cleaner, and use aerospace 303 for the dash and doors and all that stuff.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
... - and a black interior is always dirty!
I thought a white interior was always dirty?

Yesterday, after a wash in the driveway, I used the damp drying towel to wipe down the dusty surfaces inside: dash, door sill and armrest, center console, etc. Sometimes it is best to clean with a minimalist technique, and save the big guns products for a major detailing day.

[edit] I was running out of time. Drove 75 miles to work this morning. Car is dirty already. :frusty:

Last edited:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Damp cloth is okay. If you want extra shine and depth, some plastic protection spray can be used.

Sponsored

OP
OP

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Well the reason I say its always dirty is the scuff marks from shoes as you get in and out especially on the inner plastic sill panel and occasionally on the lower door panel (there was a nice big mark when I picked up my car from the body shop) and then the console from my hands...

Also the steering wheel...is the base model leather, or if not whats best to use on it?

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I use Meguires Natural Shine. Doesn't leave any greasy residue and has just the right amount of sheen to it.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Adams VRT looks great on interior plastics!

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Adams interior and leather cleaner, can be used on....well leather (obviously its in the name LOL), cloth, and plastics. Then follow up with their Total Interior detailer, works well for me. And for interior dusting, I use Swiffer 360° dusters...

Last edited:

DanDglassman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue
303 Aerospace fan here. Non-greasy, water soluble, and UV inhibitors. For quick touch ups I use a small California Duster to get rid of the dust and crumbs.
Sponsored