Sponsored

What Should I Do With/To My New Mustang?

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
that's your decision. you wanna drive fast, take it to a track. stop putting other people at risk.

everyone values life and decisions differently I understand that. something I certainly don't do personally regardless of how fast it is. got two kids, i'm not driving like a moron to where I constantly need to be aware of cops.... don't break the law, the cops won't bother you... some how these days people in this country don't understand that with their "movements". in order to stay out of trouble...don't do things to get you in trouble... which means you really don't need a radar detector...
Truth. Comes with being an adult.
Sponsored

OP
OP

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard
Alright, guys. I've read through a lot of what has been posted. I guess I should add a few things.

I'm going to use the car as my DD, but I want to enjoy it as well. I'm planning on making short trips (couple of hours) and driving some back roads outside of the city on the weekends.

I live in an apartment complex, so any of the mechanic work will need to be done by an actual mechanic. Ignoring the fact that I'm not mechanically inclined, my complex doesn't have any area to do so. It also doesn't have any area to wash the car, so I'll be going to a nearby DIY car wash to do the washes/detailing.

Also, my complex garage has speed bumps every half level (and I live/park on 8), so lowering the car is out of the question. I took rough measurements to make sure this car would be able to ride over the bumps.

As far as what you guys recommended with the radar detector...I'm guessing you don't drive in Houston. The speed limit is whatever everyone else is running. If it's posted as 65, you might be getting run over or going with traffic. If everyone is doing 80, you can get away with 90. This city is insane.

The first thing that I'm going to get done is tinting. It's absolutely essential in this climate, especially with a darker car (guard green).

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
(1) I live in an apartment complex, so any of the mechanic work will need to be done by an actual mechanic. Ignoring the fact that I'm not mechanically inclined, my complex doesn't have any area to do so.
(2) It also doesn't have any area to wash the car, so I'll be going to a nearby DIY car wash to do the washes/detailing.
(3) Also, my complex garage has speed bumps every half level (and I live/park on 8), so lowering the car is out of the question. I took rough measurements to make sure this car would be able to ride over the bumps.
(4) As far as what you guys recommended with the radar detector...I'm guessing you don't drive in Houston. The speed limit is whatever everyone else is running. If it's posted as 65, you might be getting run over or going with traffic. If everyone is doing 80, you can get away with 90. This city is insane.
(5) The first thing that I'm going to get done is tinting. It's absolutely essential in this climate, especially with a darker car (guard green).
  1. Oh, that changes my advice. You might want a car cover, locking lugs, security system. But if you are in a gated nice complex, then I would still get the dash cam if I were you. You can find a DIY garage that you rent by the hour. They even have lifts, tools, and free advice.
  2. That works. Find a touchless place with the underbody pipe that you drive over on the way in. You will still need a variety of detailing products to take there.
  3. Kudos. Stock clearance is 5", and I also am not keen to lower my car by more than 1/2".
  4. I hear ya. I grew up in Houston in the 60's when they put in those 90mph-rated freeways. DashCam > RadarDetector, IMO.
  5. Agree. Please consider the milder tints as well. Better for night driving, IMO. Also, there are ceramic options which keep the interior cooler. I would choose a ceramic tinted film for the rear glass, and possibly 0-tint ceramic for the front glass.

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
Mine is here soon and in transit to San Diego.

I already have an Airaid CAI and a Borla ATAK Catback ready to go..............will most likely add wheels (to my 19" tires) and probably something non traditional like the Avant Garde M310. Oh yeah.........and 20% tints.

Sponsored

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
just set the MyKey speed limiter to whatever speed keeps you under "reckless driving", which in VA is 80 mph:
I was driving for work from South Carolina to Pennsylvania in a bright red focus st. It's a 9 hour drive doorstep to doorstep. I had the flu and was basically, foot down, left lane, ~80mph. All kind of medicine and box of tissues in passenger seat.

VA cop pulls me over after 5 or 6 hours. He was tailing me, right behind me and I didn't notice. I was just glazed over, looking to get home. I brightened up hearing and seeing the lights and siren behind me. I didn't think to tell him I wasn't feeling good. He yelled at me to thinking it could lead foot it through his state, asking if I was blind to not see him or my speed. He did everything but get me out of the car and literally kick me in the ass. I don't remember perfectly, I think the ticket was $150? not sure. You are right about VA speed limits.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
that's your decision. you wanna drive fast, take it to a track. stop putting other people at risk.

everyone values life and decisions differently I understand that. something I certainly don't do personally regardless of how fast it is. got two kids, i'm not driving like a moron to where I constantly need to be aware of cops.... don't break the law, the cops won't bother you... some how these days people in this country don't understand that with their "movements". in order to stay out of trouble...don't do things to get you in trouble... which means you really don't need a radar detector...
Spare me the lecture and can your self-righteous attitude. I haven't received a speeding ticket in 16 years, and haven't had an accident or insurance claim in just as long. I am a good driver and my insurance rates and driving record prove it. I'll drive how I want and where I want without your approval. That 20 mile stretch of highway with no homes or stores along it is my open road, and when there are no other cars on the highway (which happens often because it's the middle of nowhere) I gun it and enjoy my V8 muscle car. When I see another vehicle I immediately slow down. I don't drive fast in town or anywhere I could hurt someone. If you have a problem with that, write me a heartfelt paragraph about responsible driving and observe how long it takes me to give a crap.

The major difference between you and me is that I don't judge people or tell them how I think they should live their lives. Of course, I'm also not standing on a soap box. :usa:

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
... I haven't received a speeding ticket in 16 years, and haven't had an accident or insurance claim in just as long. I am a good driver and my insurance rates and driving record prove it.
[ame]

:lol:

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As far as what you guys recommended with the radar detector...I'm guessing you don't drive in Houston. The speed limit is whatever everyone else is running. If it's posted as 65, you might be getting run over or going with traffic. If everyone is doing 80, you can get away with 90. This city is insane.
I can attest to that! If you don't go with the flow on those Houston highways, you're going to cause an accident. If everyone around you is speeding you had better be speeding too or there's a wreck in your future. Houston is the only city I've lived in where people speed so far over the limit as a flock. The place is nuts and just getting bigger. And all those new Houstonians adapt to the bad driving or cause accidents.

Fasstang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ITGUY
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EBPP
Mode as much as u can.
Drive as fast as you can.
Crash and die on a head-on
I buy the parts at half price from the insurance.
But before you get to crash, let all your friends to do the same, so I continue to mode my beast

OP
OP

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard
Mode as much as u can.
But before you get to crash, let all your friends to do the same, so I continue to mode my beast
I hope you understand if I heed none of your advice. Ever.

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Mode as much as u can.
WTF kind of advice is this??? You are one sick individual that needs counseling.
Sponsored