OP
OP
mfelix15GT

mfelix15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Im not sure if the pictures are working.....ive never put pictures up, if anyone can help me out??

Brometheus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP 6MT
Im not sure if the pictures are working.....ive never put pictures up, if anyone can help me out??
The links to the pictures work. Sorry to hear this happened. Also interested in seeing what the options are in this situation.

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
Hi, experienced amateur detailer here.. I was able to see the second picture, I am so sorry, this sucks. It looks like it ate through the clear and base coats all the way to the primer. This is a really really nasty piece of damage, I'm surprised an egg alone did this!

It will require a respray of the whole panel probably.. the car is new enough that a severe blend wont be necessary, but to make it perfect again the whole panel needs to be stripped and resprayed.

You can try dr. color chip.. put on several layers over several days, and then use a DA polisher to slowly round it down and match it. It will take hours and hours of work to get a 70-80% decent result.

You have a low deductible.. and this is a comp claim, which under my insurance, does not result in a rate hike. Ask your insurance the same question. I'd pay the $250 and get it professionally fixed.

umdkevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost Premium
You can try dr. color chip.. put on several layers over several days, and then use a DA polisher to slowly round it down and match it. It will take hours and hours of work to get a 70-80% decent result.

I used Dr. Color Chip on my CO and highly recommend the product. It is great for making it less noticeable, short term fix.

Sponsored

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
Hi, experienced amateur detailer here.. I was able to see the second picture, I am so sorry, this sucks. It looks like it ate through the clear and base coats all the way to the primer. This is a really really nasty piece of damage, I'm surprised an egg alone did this!

yea it ate through all the way to the primer. I was pissed when I discovered it. Yea I was told at my local ford body shop that they have to take the panel off and including the smaller window with back taillight and bumper since that panel is attached to all those parts. the labor is what adds up. since the car is just over a year old I figured that it wont need that bad of a blend to make it match. My deductible was originally at 1000 but I adjusted it to 250 when it happened because I was leading towards a professional repair. I will switch it back after I fix it. thanks for the input.
Uh that's totally insurance fraud, not cool or smart.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Interesting, that egg caused more damage than I would have expected.

I looks like panel respray will be the best option, I think touch up paint won't give you a finish you are satisified with unless you are a magician with Dr Colorchip.

rogers17GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
The egg doesnt eat the paint, the impact damages it like a crater on the moon. What you're seeing is bits of paint torn off by the eggshell. It is not 100% repairable without a respray. Dr. Colorchip will help in that it will turn the chips ruby red, but they will not be flat.

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

Sponsored

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
First pic won't show because it has a bundle of sticks in the URL.

bscn8c

Certified BADASS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Im paying for it. I already payed my new month and overall my insurance went up 46 a month. It will be about 275 more for six months
Just in case you are unaware, you will still have to pay $1000 deductible for the repair. Auto policies are occurence-based, which means that whatever contract you were on when the accident happened is the one that covers the repair, not the contract that you had when you reported the accident. So since you had $1000 deductible when your car was damaged, that's the amount you will have to pay.

If you do somehow get away with only $250, that is definitely fraud, and the insurance company will bill you for the other $750 when they find out.

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
Posted both directly from Photobucket. just use the IMG tags provided with each pic.

Check with a few body shops ... I am sure there are ones that are hungry enough to give you a good deal.

Lotta damage for an egg.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I got egged and im not sure what I should do. I don't know if I should get it fixed (file with my insurance..$250 deductible) or maybe try it myself with a chip type repair? Has anyone tried Chip doctor on a ruby red? I was told by ford ruby red is three different layers. I was quoted $1069.

:mad:

Find the bastards.

gran-torino-poster-artwork-clint-eastwood-bee-vang-ahney-her.jpg

Blitz2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT Premium with Saddle
I feel for you..my car was also egged this week but due to a larger bird dropping a nest on my car..there were multiple eggs broken on my roof. I took my car to my detailer immediately but nothing could be done. The actual impact of the egg is what ruined my paint. I'm thinking of just wrapping my black painted roof instead of touch up or repainting it, or getting racing stripes to cover the damage.
2016-04-29 20.21.36.jpg
2016-04-29 20.21.10.jpg
Sponsored