stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
if you are sticking with 19's a lot of people are going with the Nitto NT05R. Theres fewer options at 20"

Huh? There are many MORE options @ 20"....

I have the Michelin PSS on the rear now and they are far and away better than the P-Zeros all around; drag strip, rain, handling, noise....
Sponsored

SC_Sport_Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge; 2015 GT PP, 06 F350 Dually
I am actually getting Nitto Invos which have received excellent reviews from
my fellow club members and a few at the track during HPDE events.

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I've been a huge fan of Michelin PSS. They are a great high performance oriented tire that is very comfortable daily driving.. Are there better performing tire out there? Sure. Are you going to hate life driving on them every day? Definitely. Another tire I recently started using are the Nitto Invo's. Great tire for the price and they sure do look nice. I would take a look at those as well.

nanotech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Fastback w/ Performance Package, 6MT
I ran Bridgestone S04 Pole Position tires on my 2008 350Z that I traded in when I got the EcoBoost. They offer an excellent combination of grip, dry and wet handling, tread life, ride quality, and noise. Check out the reviews. I plan to put these on when my Pirellis wear out. I firmly believe the S04 to be the best all-around tire I've ever driven. As always, YMMV. ;)

Sponsored

KP6Five

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KP
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 5.0L Race Red

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
You got a few choices

Bridgestone Potenza S01
Michelin PSS ( Out of stock)
NItto Invo
Mickey Thompson ( currently fronts are backorder)
Goodyear Eagle F1 tires

TinyTim93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Hands down.
Enough said

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Not sure where everyone is getting 400 a tire... I will be putting the Michelin Pilot Sport a/s 3's on my PP. 45,000 mile tire will outlast and out perform 99% of the tires out there.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ng Fastback&autoModClar=GT w/ Performance Pkg
I don't use A/S tires. Never have on my performance cars, never will. Most of the folks posting in this thread are looking for much wider tires than stock, hence the much higher cost.

These A/S won't out perform the extreme performance summer tires or max performance tires. Good tires, yes but not out performing 99% of the tires on the market.

Sponsored

KP6Five

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KP
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 5.0L Race Red
I don't use A/S tires. Never have on my performance cars, never will. Most of the folks posting in this thread are looking for much wider tires than stock, hence the much higher cost.

These A/S won't out perform the extreme performance summer tires or max performance tires. Good tires, yes but not out performing 99% of the tires on the market.
Well first let me say that yes I did exaggerate on the 99%... Of course it's not that high of a percentage. This isn't your ordinary A/S tire however. Just pull some reviews and testing of the Mich PSAS3 against other Summer tires. It does out perform a lot of them. On top of that it will go 45k and you can drive it when its under 32 degrees out. So I understand what you're saying. I would never put an A/S tire on a performance car. With this exception. LOL Next let me say that I worked for Michelin and Goodyear combined for 20 years so I'm not someone that just mouths off about things that I don't know whole hell of a lot about. :thumbsup:

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Daily driver: Falken Pro G4's.

Weekend car: Pilot Super Sports.

Now if I just had a sporty weekend car...

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Well first let me say that yes I did exaggerate on the 99%... Of course it's not that high of a percentage. This isn't your ordinary A/S tire however. Just pull some reviews and testing of the Mich PSAS3 against other Summer tires. It does out perform a lot of them. On top of that it will go 45k and you can drive it when its under 32 degrees out. So I understand what you're saying. I would never put an A/S tire on a performance car. With this exception. LOL Next let me say that I worked for Michelin and Goodyear combined for 20 years so I'm not someone that just mouths off about things that I don't know whole hell of a lot about. :thumbsup:
:cheers: - you can school me for sure on tire knowledge:).

Michelin tires are great for sure.

Last edited:

KP6Five

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KP
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 5.0L Race Red
Not to change the subject or hijack this thread but when are you getting your wheels Todd? Man those look gooooood! Might consider the black option on mine.