Sponsored

What is your best reaction story/stories?

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
If you said people would react to this car the way they do I would have said you must be crazy but man do people seem to love it.

I was in Fayetteville Arkansas meeting some friends and after we parted ways my girlfriend needed to make a stop at a store before we headed home. It was a small store so I parked in front and waited inside by the window, on guard if you will. A few minutes later this young guy (probably 16-18) and his girlfriend start walking towards the car. They were very respectful and stood their distance just admiring. I walk outside and they are just staring me down seeing where I was going and I say to them, "would you like to look under the hood?" His face lit up with joy and started asking all sorts of questions, horsepower, torque, ect. I open the door for him to look inside and he is just falling in love with the car. So then he asks, "what's it sound like?" I smile and say, "well lets find out." So I show him the exhaust button and start it in quiet which he thought was loud, then turn it to loud. He was weak at the knees and couldn't believe that it's legal. We start chatting and he talks about his 2013 V6 Camaro he just purchased (his first sports car) and how he really wants one of the new 350s. We talked a little while longer and parted ways but it was great to see the way people react to this car. Makes me smile.
Sponsored

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
If you said people would react to this car the way they do I would have said you must be crazy but man do people seem to love it.

I was in Fayetteville Arkansas meeting some friends and after we parted ways my girlfriend needed to make a stop at a store before we headed home. It was a small store so I parked in front and waited inside by the window, on guard if you will. A few minutes later this young guy (probably 16-18) and his girlfriend start walking towards the car. They were very respectful and stood their distance just admiring. I walk outside and they are just staring me down seeing where I was going and I say to them, "would you like to look under the hood?" His face lit up with joy and started asking all sorts of questions, horsepower, torque, ect. I open the door for him to look inside and he is just falling in love with the car. So then he asks, "what's it sound like?" I smile and say, "well lets find out." So I show him the exhaust button and start it in quiet which he thought was loud, then turn it to loud. He was weak at the knees and couldn't believe that it's legal. We start chatting and he talks about his 2013 V6 Camaro he just purchased (his first sports car) and how he really wants one of the new 350s. We talked a little while longer and parted ways but it was great to see the way people react to this car. Makes me smile.
I really love sharing the enthusiasm for these cars with other people. I've had a few similar encounters with people that couldn't believe that a GT350 is sitting right in front of them. One of my buddies at work has a young son that is obsessed with cars, so I'm going to head over his house one weekend to make his son's day. Apparently he already knows all about the GT350's. lol Reminds me of me as a kid.

dkbluedevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
First or second week I had it, an old Honda of young guys pulled up next to me and matched speed (slowing traffic, their being in the HOV lane on I-95 at evening rush hour) and one leaned his entire upper body out the window to take pictures.

Guy in a Super Duty at a stoplight asked me, "Dude, how'd you get one already?!" (this three months since I got the car).

Ignorant guy at another meet looking under the hood with me and arguing about whether it was stock. "Dude, no way that intake is stock!" "Trust me, it's came from the factory exactly like this."

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So far in 474 miles of driving

-3 various thumbs up
-3 guys asking me about it at a stop light
-one guy in front of me had his upper torso out of his window, looking back at me, "is that the new shelby ?!?!?!"
-1 C7 corvette has revved at me (going the opposite direction)
-1 240SX revved at me (going the opposite direction)
-1 honda accord tried to race at me
-1 458 italia owner gave it a good long look as we passed each other
-1 drunk older lady yelled niiiceee car at me and my wife leaving a parking lot after dinner

Last edited:

Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I've gotten multiple thumbs ups from other Mustangs. A neighbor's wife pulled over in front of my house today while I was washing. She said "Did you know your car was the talk of the neighborhood?, my husband can't stop talking about it." I live on the corner of a main route and my driveway is visible from the street. I've noticed people take a detour, turn down my block and creep by real slow just to get a peak. Ive even had a few teenaged Fast and Furious type Civics and such on the local toll roads give a thumbs up.

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Had a guy yell rated R cuss words at a Camaro owner across a parking lot (knew the guy I hope) to come look at a what a good looking car should look like. It was to funny.

Priceless... the endless grin from my Son's face when I demonstrated the car capability by 0 to 80 (ish) back to 0 demo. Then the stunned look when I pulled over on the way home and asked if he wanted to drive the car.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I haven't been able to get it out of the garage without someone saying something! While it was in TX we had people ask to take pictures 3 times in 2 days, 2 people taking videos on the highway, no less than 4 thumbs up and a guy on a Harley yelling "what is that...its a mustang?!?".

Out in CA it really hasn't been anywhere but the office which I still have a list of rides to give! Took it to dinner Friday night and saw a couple folks stop and look and one snapping pictures.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Had a guy yell rated R cuss words at a Camaro owner across a parking lot (knew the guy I hope) to come look at a what a good looking car should look like. It was to funny.

Priceless... the endless grin from my Son's face when I demonstrated the car capability by 0 to 80 (ish) back to 0 demo. Then the stunned look when I pulled over on the way home and asked if he wanted to drive the car.
Last sentence, priceless!

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Got two more that happened recently.
1) Coming back from Wal-Mart my girlfriend and I passed a relatively new F250. As we were at a stop light in the left hand turn lane. The 250 pulls up next to us yelling out of the window. My girlfriend rolls down the window and its this elderly couple (65-70 years old) yelling at us saying "DAMN THAT THING SOUNDS GOOD!" It was hilarious! They drove off waving goodbye.

2) The town I live in is relatively small (About 7,000 people) so we don't get a lot of sports cars. There was a yellow C7 in the parking lot of one of the many Mexican restaurants we have. I had nothing better to do so I pull in to look at it. Very nicely optioned yellow on tan. Then the couple walks out to get in the car and I ask "do you mind if I admire your car for a second?" The husband says go ahead its her car. So I compliment on it and whatnot, meanwhile the wife is just loving on the 350. She said she could here me pull in and loved the look of it. The husband couldn't be bothered lol. As we departed I give it a little gas and they flash their lights at me and turn a different direction. I'm not used to having Corvette owners take a second look at my car so it's kind of a cool experience.

Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Too many to count - unexpectedly everyone seems to be as obsessed with the GT350 as I am. One that was kind of funny was when I reversed into a parking space right in front of a restaurant. While i'm getting out of the car one of the customers runs right up to my drivers side and looks me dead in the eye and says "FLAT PLANE CRANK" lol. He told me he has a C6 Z06 and is searching the state for this exact Shelby.

DAntonelli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Impact Blue/Black Stripes
Hey everyone. New to the forum.

About two weeks after I got mine I was driving home from work. About 2 miles from my house I notice that a cop is following me. I'm not speeding but I do have the exhaust in sport mode so it is loud. I change lanes a couple of times and each time the cop follows suit. I end up turning onto another street and the cop does the same. We come up to a light and he quickly changes lanes to get next to me. He has his window rolled down and tells me that he likes my car and that he has a 2014 GT500 of his own. We ended up talking for a bit at the red light. It was pretty cool, but man I don't like being tailed by cops when I am pretty sure I haven't done anything wrong.

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
I had a guy in a Tesla model S pull up to me at a light and say "nice car!" to which I replied "thanks, but that's still faster" and he says "yeah, but it doesn't sound near as good." And I thought "you're absolutely right"

mcgraw

Semper Fi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
On one adventurous Saturday in the grocery-getter, I would see a car fly up to me in the rear-view mirror. They'd slow down next to the car, eyeball it hard, then speed off giving me a thumbs up. That happened about 5 times over a 20 minute trip.

While I was traveling south to north, I approached a stop light. Someone traveling west to east turned onto my road, heading south.... as they were turning, he slowed down to a crawl, rolled down his window, gave me a thumbs up, and snapped a picture... while folks behind him (im)patiently waited o_O

It has also broke a few necks when creeping through parking lots.

Still haven't had anyone challenge me yet.

I'm about 250 miles into the thing. Needless to say, it's a fun one!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I had a guy in a Tesla model S pull up to me at a light and say "nice car!" to which I replied "thanks, but that's still faster" and he says "yeah, but it doesn't sound near as good." And I thought "you're absolutely right"
No sound, no character. Status != character. :thumbsup:
Sponsored