Sponsored

What is done at the 30,000 mile service interval?

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
So, my 3 year warranty will be up on two weeks (time flies when you love your car) and I am planning on taking it in for its 30k mile service interval so they can look the car over and if there is anything that needs to be addressed it can be done while its still under warranty. I skipped my 20k mile service interval.

I'm just wondering what the dealership actually does for the service intervals and if they actually look the car over to find problems or if its as simple as a fluid change and out the door. Any of you guys have any experience with this or is there a better alternative to ask for?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Didn't your car come with an OWNERS MANUAL????????????:frusty:

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'd definitely change the brake fluid at at least 30k. You'd be surprised at how much longer brake calipers last when fresh fluid is maintained. I have brake calipers at over 330,000 miles on my work truck. I replaced 1 caliper in that time and only changed the brake fluid twice.

Reactions: S7N

jt351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 dib Gt premium, 1990 hatch 351 supercharged
330k miles does not mean a lot braking tho. How many brake pads you put on in that time?

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Did you check your service manual? The only thing I see is to change your cabin air filter at 20k and engine air filter at 30k.

I would be a little leary just asking your dealership on what you need unless you really trust your dealer. Go by the manual and you should be fine.

Sponsored

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I changed the cabin filter along with the transmission fluid - changed that to Royal Purple at 30K

I changed the cabin filter again at 55K and haven't touched the transmission fluid again...

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
What a dealer will do at a 30K service interval is lighten your wallet. That's a fact. It's all BS to get money; dealer service intervals.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
330k miles does not mean a lot braking tho. How many brake pads you put on in that time?
It's not about the braking, it's about time passed and moisture build up in the brake fluid which causes the corrosion that freezes up calipers. I'd say I've done rears on the truck every 120k and about 100k on the fronts. Motor has an engine brake which saves on the actual brake wear.
Sponsored