Sponsored

What is best setup to change out speakers, add sub?

davidnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT
Thank you Sir!

Where are you putting the sub? They building a box for you?
I'm doing the rear seat delete kit at the same time so everything is going there.....and they are going to add quite fans to move air to keep the stuff cool.... yes on sub box but not going to crazy on that ....we may do the JL Sub box..
Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I'm doing the rear seat delete kit at the same time so everything is going there.....and the are going to add quite fans to move air to keep the stuff cool.... yes on sub box but not going to crazy on that ....we may do the JL Sub box..
Right on. Looking forward to seeing pictures (if you feel like sharing).

OP
OP
disneyfun1

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Mine is going in on monday. getting JL Audio speakers in doors and rear, 5 channel amp-100w x4, 500w x 1, signal processor and a jl audio sub box to go in factory location so it doesnt take up room.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Mine is going in on monday. getting JL Audio speakers in doors and rear, 5 channel amp-100w x4, 500w x 1, signal processor and a jl audio sub box to go in factory location so it doesnt take up room.
Let us know how it looks how how it sounds after!

Sponsored

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Be glad to share..... Car is going to the shop on Friday...few day job..
Do you mind sharing what shop you are taking it to?

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Earmark Plano....Been around for a long time....I'm working with Ben...
Thanks man. There are so many shops in the Metroplex I got a bit overwhelmed when I started looking. I appreciate the info.

davidnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT
Thanks man. There are so many shops in the Metroplex I got a bit overwhelmed when I started looking. I appreciate the info.
Earmark been around DFW since 1980 .....not a fly-by-night shop....they charge a Fair price and they do real good work....

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
Sorry guys, got lost in the thread. I'm thinking of just upgrading the door and rear panel speakers on the trak pak. Is it worth it? Recommendations? Appreciate it.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Sorry guys, got lost in the thread. I'm thinking of just upgrading the door and rear panel speakers on the trak pak. Is it worth it? Recommendations? Appreciate it.
+1

OP
OP
disneyfun1

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
After 15 hours in the shop, i finally got my speakers and amp all hooked up. Im sure it was not all 15 hours working on it, as they had other cars, but i brought it in a 9am and when i went back at 5 pm, they said there were slammed all day and had to call Ford about the location of wires and amp, which of course being a GT350 with Technology package does not have an amp but some ford guys said it did, so that slowed it down.

They put in all jl audio in it. C5-650 up front.C3-650 in the rear, HD900/5 amp, Stealthbox by jl audio in the rear trunk side just like factory and an audio control mod LC6I.

It sounded very loud and clear. they worked on it until 1230 am last night finishing it and there was 3 of them. i was there so i know they worked and did not mess around. they did turn the volume on amp down after tuning it to give them time to break in and said come back in a week and they will retune it and it will be done.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I am going to add the JL Audio Stealthbox first. I spoke with a local installer and he recommends that I first do the sub and see how I like it after that. They will add a 500 watt amp for the sub and a seperate volume control for the sub. The amp is also a JL audio amp, currently on sale for 349. It is a class D amp, so it should run cool. The wife and I will evaluate after this if we need to take the next step, replace front speakers and add dsp and outboard amp for all main speakers. It seems reasonable to evaluate the system this way first to see if it is tolerable. I do like having the separate volume control for the subwoofer, that way you can add the extra bass

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
After 15 hours in the shop, i finally got my speakers and amp all hooked up. Im sure it was not all 15 hours working on it, as they had other cars, but i brought it in a 9am and when i went back at 5 pm, they said there were slammed all day and had to call Ford about the location of wires and amp, which of course being a GT350 with Technology package does not have an amp but some ford guys said it did, so that slowed it down.

They put in all jl audio in it. C5-650 up front.C3-650 in the rear, HD900/5 amp, Stealthbox by jl audio in the rear trunk side just like factory and an audio control mod LC6I.

It sounded very loud and clear. they worked on it until 1230 am last night finishing it and there was 3 of them. i was there so i know they worked and did not mess around. they did turn the volume on amp down after tuning it to give them time to break in and said come back in a week and they will retune it and it will be done.
Did you get your car back? How does it sound? The technician told me today that some aftermarket amps and processors could cause clicking or electrical noise through the the stock audio interface. Have you had any problems with any noises emanating from your new setup?

On a side note, the USB IPod sounds way better than the Sirius radio sound. There is bass through the IPod, but the satellite radio is weak and tinny sounding. My FM radio sounds better than the sat radio .

OP
OP
disneyfun1

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
I am going to add the JL Audio Stealthbox first. I spoke with a local installer and he recommends that I first do the sub and see how I like it after that. They will add a 500 watt amp for the sub and a seperate volume control for the sub. The amp is also a JL audio amp, currently on sale for 349. It is a class D amp, so it should run cool. The wife and I will evaluate after this if we need to take the next step, replace front speakers and add dsp and outboard amp for all main speakers. It seems reasonable to evaluate the system this way first to see if it is tolerable. I do like having the separate volume control for the subwoofer, that way you can add the extra bass
i love mine, it sounds great!
Sponsored