What Do These Numbers Mean?

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Just had an alignment check. All is ok, however, there's a variation in the numbers. What are factory specs for alignment on a V6 18" wheels?

The camber looks the same on the left & right side. But the arrow points to a different part of the block? The toe seems to be furthest off on the right rear with the fronts both the same.

I'm just to learn what it means. And how there are 2 different numbers for camber on each wheel.
align.jpg
Sponsored

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
There is a spec camber that they target, if it's within the +/- it's considered good.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Just had an alignment check. All is ok, however, there's a variation in the numbers. What are factory specs for alignment on a V6 18" wheels?

The camber looks the same on the left & right side. But the arrow points to a different part of the block? The toe seems to be furthest off on the right rear with the fronts both the same.

I'm just to learn what it means. And how there are 2 different numbers for camber on each wheel.
Those 2 numbers are the range. The arrow is showing where in the range yours actually was. There should also be something saying the specific value yours was adjusted to. If it would have been outside of spec, that green would have been yellow if marginal or red if out of spec.

OP
OP

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Ah, so the camber range spec is 0 to -1.5 degrees, and my front camber is measuring at around -1 for both, assuming that is what the step in the block means?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Ah, so the camber range spec is 0 to -1.5 degrees, and my front camber is measuring at around -1 for both, assuming that is what the step in the block means?
Yes, the center should be the actual desired result and if it's too far off the center, it will show yellow for marginal or red if they couldn't get it adjusted within spec. Normally they show the actual value though. If I remember correctly, it would be a value right above the arrow. Just an FYI, I have my front camber at -1.3 by request. Tires wear a little faster but better traction in hard turns.

FYI: Alldata shows the front camber range as -0.74 +/- 0.75 for base and -1.03 +/- 0.75 for the PP.
Sponsored