Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
So.....a good experience???? Sort of????
I would count that as good, yeah. Humans are imperfect, but it seems like they owned it. Cool of you to book them again too.
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I would count that as good, yeah. Humans are imperfect, but it seems like they owned it. Cool of you to book them again too.
They were really nice about it. And they owned it.

I'm good with that.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Got new tires and camber bolts installed. I wanted the same Michelin PS4S that came with the car, but they were out of stock so I went with the new Continental Extreme Contact Sport 02. I'm loving them so far! Handling is very similar, maybe a smidge softer, but the road noise is much less. Plus they are about $200 cheaper for the set. The only thing is the Contis are a lot less beefy than the Michelin so they don't look quite as good to me. I went with 265/40 front and 275/40 rear on a 19x10 square setup.

IMG_4529.jpg

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
eh? so now you can't rotate them?
The Mustang needs FRONT tire, the rear is an afterthought.
Ford should do 275s all the way around. Same size wheels & tires.

Call it the "Oversteer Crowd Pleaser Package".

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Got new tires and camber bolts installed. I wanted the same Michelin PS4S that came with the car, but they were out of stock so I went with the new Continental Extreme Contact Sport 02. I'm loving them so far! Handling is very similar, may a smidge softer, but the road noise is much less. Plus they are about $200 cheaper for the set. The only thing is the Contis are a lot less beefy than the Michelin so they don't look quite as good to me. I went with 265/40 front and 275/40 rear on a 19x10 square setup.

IMG_4529.jpg
"Beefy"??? Wut??

They look just as good as the Michelins to my eye.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
eh? so now you can't rotate them?
The Mustang needs FRONT tire, the rear is an afterthought.
Correct. I like the look of the rear tire being a little fatter/taller than the fronts. Plus I've seen guys with 275/40 front and it just looks too tall imo. I considered 285/35 all around but don't like the look of the lower profile rear. The stock PP1 setup is 255/40 front 275/40 rear so you couldn't rotate them anyway.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Got new tires and camber bolts installed. I wanted the same Michelin PS4S that came with the car, but they were out of stock so I went with the new Continental Extreme Contact Sport 02. I'm loving them so far! Handling is very similar, maybe a smidge softer, but the road noise is much less. Plus they are about $200 cheaper for the set. The only thing is the Contis are a lot less beefy than the Michelin so they don't look quite as good to me. I went with 265/40 front and 275/40 rear on a 19x10 square setup.

IMG_4529.jpg
Your car looks sweet! Thanks for your mini-review of the Conti's. Considering these tires when my PS4S wear out. The noise reduction would be welcome but I'm not sure I want to give up any beef. The PS4S look to have more rim protection. Maybe that makes them look beefier? The Conti's still look good though. Also considering the same wheels but in gloss black.

Pay no attention to the track addicts. 0.4" less front tire in the contact patch won't make any difference on the street. :like:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
On Wednesday I went on a journey to pickup my new car after having the V6 totaled last Sunday. Grabber Blue Metallic is pretty nice and the Ecoboost is a lot more pleasing than I remember it being when I originally went with the V6 back in 2017.

View attachment 772435
Took a look under the hood today while I was giving it a wash of all the lovebugs I murdered on the drive from Alabama to South Florida. I was already surprised by the Borla exhaust tips out the back, but look at the Roush CAI waiting for me too.

View attachment 772436
Got down low to take a peak at exactly which exhaust I have too and it's the Borla ATAK catback exhaust.

I've got a couple small things coming next week too, not planning on doing as much with this one but we'll see what happens. I already had a new spoiler and FP Track shocks/struts to put on my last one so those will probably get on here sooner than later.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Your car looks sweet! Thanks for your mini-review of the Conti's. Considering these tires when my PS4S wear out. The noise reduction would be welcome but I'm not sure I want to give up any beef. The PS4S look to have more rim protection. Maybe that makes them look beefier? The Conti's still look good though. Also considering the same wheels but in gloss black.

Pay no attention to the track addicts. 0.4" less front tire in the contact patch won't make any difference on the street. :like:
Thanks! That's another good point about the Conti's. They have no rim protection whatsoever, so you need to be careful near curbs. PS4S have a good amount of protection plus a more square shoulder which contributes to their beef.

I love the 6GR wheels, but beware their customer service sucks. I had to wait `7 months for mine, but if they have the wheels you want in stock, you should be okay.

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Well, what should have taken 5 minutes took 45. I decided to add the pull strap for the trunk to avoid scratches on the deck lid panel. Install went great but forgot that I disconnected the latch so when I closed the trunk to test the strap. I realized shoot, I can’t open the trunk now. To make matters worse. I have a convertible and the seats don’t fold down easily. So I ended up removing the back seats and climbing through a tiny hole to pull the manual release. What a pain, but damn it works great!!!
IMG_9446.jpeg

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Well, what should have taken 5 minutes took 45. I decided to add the pull strap for the trunk to avoid scratches on the deck lid panel. Install went great but forgot that I disconnected the latch so when I closed the trunk to test the strap. I realized shoot, I can’t open the trunk now. To make matters worse. I have a convertible and the seats don’t fold down easily. So I ended up removing the back seats and climbing through a tiny hole to pull the manual release. What a pain, but damn it works great!!!
IMG_9446.jpeg
Where are these sold? I've seen a few guys put these on, but can't find where to buy. Or are people making these themselves?
Sponsored