Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Heh. I've been thinking about doing the Brembos white with the G2 paint.

Sponsored

BoostedRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB Premium
Found out this morning my 5 month old water pump failed. Now on to waiting for the part since they say it is back-ordered. Atleast it was not the block.

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
Oh. I had these on my work laptop if it helps. These were with the plastidip.
attachment.jpg

I personally love the way this looks just like it is. However, I would never had attempted to rattle can the color white....LOL. Probably the HARDEST color to match so I would have paid the piper to have it professionally done.

Again, overall I LOVE what you've done here in the pic:cheers:

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I personally love the way this looks just like it is. However, I would never had attempted to rattle can the color white....LOL. Probably the HARDEST color to match so I would have paid the piper to have it professionally done.

Again, overall I LOVE what you've done here in the pic:cheers:
Thanks.

$8.00 a can for the YZ paint match DupliColor. It's not a loss. I will prime it up and repaint it black later. I had to paint it regardless because of the work I did on the decklid. This was moreless a test to see if I liked it enough in white to get it professionally painted. Because I'm sure I'd be spending at least $100 to get it done.

Here is another picture with the paint. You can see how it's kind of off. I am wondering if it was the gloss that made it get a creme color. Before putting the gloss on it looked pretty bright. I'm gonna wet sand it down next week. I wanted to wait for it to cure some more. I'll see what happens.
FJBX7253.JPG

Oneless70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leslie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 6sp PerfPk DIB
Installed Barton Hybrid 3 Shifter. Did it on stands (front only), so it was a huge PITA. First real mechanical work I've ever done on a car. Couldn't be happier!

Sponsored

G-Rell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Installed this Hoonigan plate-frame a while back but I've been getting a lot of compliments on it ha. Never would have guessed so many people would notice it.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Installed Barton Hybrid 3 Shifter. Did it on stands (front only), so it was a huge PITA. First real mechanical work I've ever done on a car. Couldn't be happier!
Nice! Body mount or trans mount? How does it feel compared to the stock shifter?

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Possibly the shortest time owning new wheels in the history of mankind....

I bought a set of 20x9, 20x10 staggered Rovo's Durban wheels last week, mounted them up yesterday, took some pretty photos and then parked it in the garage overnight. I asked the wife how she liked the new wheels and her honest response was 'I don't like them'. Now I wouldn't have changed them purely off her review, but I also was a little unsure if I had made the right choice.

Today I drove to Need4Speed Motorsports (I'm local) and picked up a set of 19x10" satin black 6GR wheels. I'm running 285/35 all 4 corners.

Got home, threw the car up on the jack, and whipped the new wheels on. Her reaction to the new set up: 'Wow'.

I think that says it all. LOVE the new wheels. And in other news I have some almost new Rovo's Durbans up for sale :lol:

Couple of photos:

For anyone who is interested, I'm lowered on Steeda Progressives with Performance Pack shocks. Car actually sits better than I thought it would. I was expecting to need to lower it further since I downsized to 19's, but I actually really like the stance. It looks aggressive and track-ready.

Overall, a good day! :cheers:

Last edited:

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP

For anyone who is interested, I'm lowered on Steeda Progressives with Performance Pack shocks. Car actually sits better than I thought it would. I was expecting to need to lower it further since I downsized to 19's, but I actually really like the stance. It looks aggressive and track-ready.

Overall, a good day! :cheers:

You're looking really good IMO.

And on that note I think the S550 looks better with a beefier sidewall so 20's are just too much wheel-ware and not enough rubber.
Sponsored