Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
Dude are you sure you shouldn't have gone with something aside from a Mustang this time? 🤔

Jokes aside that really sucks. What suspension setup are you going with?
If I weren't actually driving like a normal human being at the time of both accidents I might have thought that. LOL

Got some Koni STR.T shocks and struts to replace the FACTORY STOCK dampers and swapped out the Eibach Sportlines for Steeda minimum drop springs. No longer scraping on everything in North Jersey and the rear doesn't feel like it's bouncing everywhere anymore.

Now I just need to get new header gaskets (seemingly sloppy install of Roush by Kooks LTHs, which matches the super sloppy welded [why, oh, why???] install of slip-on stuff for the now gone super-cracked Corsa mid-pipe and Roush active-ready axleback, replaced by the FRPP Borla setup I got off @Zachdavidc), new rear calipers, and a new condenser for the AC because there's a hole through it visible from the front. 🤪 If I didn't get a stupidly good deal on this car I'd probably be really annoyed.

Probably get to cleaning and listing the Eibachs for sale first, but I'm also gonna try to clean up the Roush axleback and list that for sale at some point when it's not raining. I might need to enlist my brother to lay down some dimes with his welder to clean up some oddities.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Any chance you want to part ways with the 2 piece rear seat, seat backs? Had some mice chew up both back seat backs, my bottom is fine, just need the backs.
Sorry, no. I'm going to hold on to them.

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
Brought it to Charlotte Motor Speedway for Mustang 60th celebration. Got pit row parking.
What an awesome event all paid for by Ford.

Sponsored

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
All ready for brakes and the rest of the new suspension parts up front to go on. I’m not taking the front apart again after this, I swear. 😅

IMG_2890.jpeg

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
All ready for brakes and the rest of the new suspension parts up front to go on. I’m not taking the front apart again after this, I swear. 😅

IMG_2890.jpeg
What pads did you go with? I need quicker stopping on my 19 GT PP1?

CVN 80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm currently working on long-term customization. Slowly molding the car into what I want it to be.

I'm keeping this car long-term, so I'm going through and removing things that aren't necessary, like the sound tube, the plastic engine cover, the foam around the DI pump. The rear backup sensors are next. I have eyes, I don't need radar or lidar or whatever beeping at me.

The engine bay is an utter disgrace visually. It looks like one of those Jim Beam boxes in my garage full of old wiring harnesses. I HAVE to clean it up, paint the valve covers to match the car, bring some order to the chaos that is the haphazard, IDGAF wiring and hose runs. The plan is to eventually replace all the plastic with metal.

The real project is going to be replacing the plastic interior parts and electronics as they inevitably fail. How do I build electromechanical replacements for the HVAC and radio when the touchscreen dies?

Things like that.
No Sound Tube.jpg
DI pump.jpg
Shot 1.jpg
Shot 2.jpg
Shot 3.jpg

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
New stuff on. Time to get Castrol SRF in it then I’m done.
IMG_2892.jpeg
IMG_2894.jpeg
IMG_2895.jpeg
What pads did you go with? I need quicker stopping on my 19 GT PP1?
I’m converting to 6 pots. I vote gloc if you legit need more on track over the OEM

Sponsored