Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
@CNFLCTD dang Anthony, that sucks man. Are they all refinished? The color looks completely different (lighter), but could be the lighting in the pic with some of those colors.
Ya, I had them powder coated. The color is hyper black. They're a bit lighter than the original triple black.
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Had some extra vinyl from my stripe kit as I didn't wrap the wing. Continued the stripes up into the engine bay today. Perfect amount of vinyl for the strut brace and rad cover. Like it was meant to be. Rad cover is pretty hard to see unless the angle is right

Put in the hood strut kit too from redline. I think I'm gonna paint the brackets later to match the car. Have a rattle can of grabber blue touch up paint that is damn near perfect. But that's it for the day.

IMG_20210516_142045~2.jpg

Next on the list is the shelby coolant tank, and a little engine bay dressup. All in good time.
Any issues with heat on those vinyl stripes inside the engine bay? I have have some left over Ford Striping from my spoiler swap...

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Any issues with heat on those vinyl stripes inside the engine bay? I have have some left over Ford Striping from my spoiler swap...
Not yet but I've only been on an hour long cruise since I put em on. Time will tell what the heat from the engine bay does. I don't expect anything negative though for a good while

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Took time during all this fowl weather to change out my (bad) toe bushing with (my precious) bearings. It went extremely well considering I sprayed it daily for a couple of days with penetrant. Now just awaiting a wheel alignment.

1B1FAE2D-5824-431A-8CD7-0447330A5B7E.jpeg

6D80EB0F-BD28-45F6-A9E6-B366435285CC.jpeg

92D3E6E9-A3FA-4EAD-8B1B-6FBD524E3ACE.jpeg

DF612EB2-7C07-44D3-96AA-A9344656A0D6.jpeg

B710FB0A-BFEC-4C63-A2CE-7B306ADC0053.jpeg

ED67A4F4-F181-4338-B347-CCB0FAA9FEA7.jpeg

Last edited:

StlDocGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Hey everyone. Not new to the forum. Just new to posting. Few things to share
2020 silver GT350
1. Signature wheels as a company is what every company should strive for. Excellent customer service and the product is spectacular as a few thousand people on here can attest to. Love the titanium lug nuts as well.
2. Changed from the sport cup 2s because they are TOO good. By that I mean I think they are made of glue. Every pebble on the road will find its way into the wheel wells or under the belly pan etc. Went with the super sports due to lack of size with the other options. Very happy with grip and comfort. I don’t drive it in the rain but if I do get caught in it, I won’t be crossing my fingers with every shift with the sport cup 2s
3. Corsa double helix is great. Great quality and sound
4. MGW shifter. One person on here said if you are thinking about it, do it. I did it and it’s freaking awesome. Bolt action with crisp shifts. Love it
5. Catch can installed. Never get anything in it. Just did the passenger side. My car doesn’t burn any oil either. Changed to amsoil.
6. had the Ronin oil plug/drain. Leaked from day one. Never enough to register or be on the garage floor. Just always wet around the drain and pan.
7. JLT intake and Lund 93 tune. Seemed to wake it up a little I think. Definitely can hear the intake.
8. Beith steering wheel. Excellent quality. Did the matte carbon and alcantara. Love it
9. Rear seat delete from CM Components. Good price. Fit well. Probably took my 0-60 times down a full 3 seconds :)
10. Shelby letters from domed numbers. Get these! Price is right and quality is perfect. So much easier and nicer than the flat vinyl stuff out there
11. Full front, lower sides and rear PPF and ceramic coat. Well worth it.
12. changed to hawk brake pads. Work well and much less dust.
13. weighted shifter from raceseng. Get it. Feels great. Worth the money
14. Waiting to pull the trigger on a gen 5 whipple with

5F4FD2F5-BA00-4E4A-A286-B9C10A57A694.jpeg

Sponsored

StlDocGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Continued from above. I have no idea what I’m doing LOL
14. Whipple with Brenspeed someday
15. Forgot the QA1 CF driveshaft. Looks awesome. Great quality. Packaging sucked however. Needs to be better for something that is very sensitive to balance issues. Especially with all of the warnings on and around the stock driveshaft saying to toss it if dropped.

just quick responses to all these mods because there are tons of reviews on these. Just wanted to give a quick thumbs up or down for things for people on the fence and trying to pay it forward for all the excellent info from everyone else on here

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'm more interested in the heat shield on the garage door.. do you think it actually works? All of my heat comes from the cars engine bay after pulling it in from a grocery run or something. I've been thinking about putting in a split ac unit.

StlDocGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I'm more interested in the heat shield on the garage door.. do you think it actually works? All of my heat comes from the cars engine bay after pulling it in from a grocery run or something. I've been thinking about putting in a split ac unit.
The entire garage is insulated and I insulated the garage door as well. It wasn’t a double layer insulated door to start. I put the heat shield on top of it as well because of a video I saw online that measured the temp of the door with and without it when the sun was in direct contact and seemed to cut back on the heat. I’m in St Louis so it gets really cold in the winter and really hot in the summer and I put in a Lennox mini split unit also and I wanted to keep it from having to overwork. Probably overkill but I was bored so I did it

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
What’d I do today? Ran up to Long Beach and in the process beat up on; a scat pack challenger, a Ducatti something-or-another, a big turbo CRX that couldn’t shift, and the coup de gras...a two door M6 with five people in it, probably slowed him down a bit with all that weight 😁

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@BadHabit2Break I never watch my voltage. I drove the car to work today. After work, I had a 40 mile highway trip. Because of your posts, I decided to watch the voltage and see what’s going on. Somewhere on the freeway I swapped the gauge over and saw a high of 12.9 and a low of 12.5. Never saw anything higher than that. Car was on a tender prior to going to work that day.

Sponsored

BadHabit2Break

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
@BadHabit2Break I never watch my voltage. I drove the car to work today. After work, I had a 40 mile highway trip. Because of your posts, I decided to watch the voltage and see what’s going on. Somewhere on the freeway I swapped the gauge over and saw a high of 12.9 and a low of 12.5. Never saw anything higher than that. Car was on a tender prior to going to work that day.
Might want to have your alternator checked.

Just got mine back and voltage is back to normal.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Might want to have your alternator checked.
Not a chance. This car has zero other indications and runs great. I know the electrical system on this car is most certainly not the same as the past, but to me, an electrical problem starts with less than 12V and some other symptom (a light(s), goofy activity, etc). I remain of the opinion you had no problem.

StlDocGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Not a chance. This car has zero other indications and runs great. I know the electrical system on this car is most certainly not the same as the past, but to me, an electrical problem starts with less than 12V and some other symptom (a light(s), goofy activity, etc). I remain of the opinion you had no problem.
I put in an antigravity battery to save weight and about two days after putting it in, dead. Charged it back up after I had to wait for the delivery of the charger since is needs a special charger, and I was about to check the whole system to see what the drain was but I also turned off the radio, turned the auto headlight switch off and turned off the automatic updates in the infotainment. Since then, I haven’t had any issues and the car has sat for 2 weeks at a time. No charge needed. Voltage sits around low 14s to high 12s. I doubt the radio or light switch being turned off does anything. Not sure about the auto updates though. The car is never completely off as I hear the noises the car makes if I’m out in the garage just messing around.
the other option is that the battery was low when I got it but it started up fine after the relearn process overnight but who knows