What did you do to your GT350 today?

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
For the diff, how did you go about getting the proper friction modifier content in the fluid?
The friction modifier is already in the redline high performance gear oil. No need to add any more.
Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Recently attended an HPDE at New York Safety Track so added the obligatory track outline to the quarter window. The latest blue is a little lighter unfortunately.
IMG_4080.JPG

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
^I don't recognize any of those circuits; what are the first 2?

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Top to bottom:

New York Safety Track

NJMP Thunderbolt

Pocono east plus south config except includes straight between turn 1&2

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I took a grinder to the struts and opened up the upper holes 1mm to get a bit more camber for SCCA A Street legal maximum camber. I didn't measure (I'm being cheap and haven't purchased the bigger wheel fitment adapter for my camber gauge), but I should be somewhere around -2.0 degrees now.

Checking legality with a little template I whipped up in CAD.

Current tire wear looks decent anyway. Better than my Focus RS was :)

Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^Are you going to rely on the clamping force to keep it all in place, or fill in gap in the slotted hole to prevent the bolt from sliding back?

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Top to bottom:

New York Safety Track

NJMP Thunderbolt

Pocono east plus south config except includes straight between turn 1&2
Thanks. I did some config. of Pocono back in '97. NJMP opened after I hung up my helmet. NJMP & Safety track look cool.

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
^Are you going to rely on the clamping force to keep it all in place, or fill in gap in the slotted hole to prevent the bolt from sliding back?
Clamping force. It'll be fine, this is the method in the FSM to add camber to the front end. A bunch of other S550 guys have done this already :)

FWIW I already had the service bolts installed (slightly smaller diameter bolt, mostly because it isn't splined) with no slippage with a bunch of autocross abuse and daily driving. I just added a bit more space for them to go inward and add camber.

I'd love to fill in the space with something, but I'd need to machine up a little sliver and I'm not sure how I'd retain it.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clamping force. It'll be fine, this is the method in the FSM to add camber to the front end. A bunch of other S550 guys have done this already :)

FWIW I already had the service bolts installed (slightly smaller diameter bolt, mostly because it isn't splined) with no slippage with a bunch of autocross abuse and daily driving. I just added a bit more space for them to go inward and add camber.

I'd love to fill in the space with something, but I'd need to machine up a little sliver and I'm not sure how I'd retain it.
I hear you - I was just curious.

On another car I put together for track driving, I used a bolt that had an eccentric on the inner portion (which mates to the hub) - It was slightly smaller in diameter than stock and came with a washer that had a bent down tab, which would fit into that gap.

A more permanent solution would be to find a tight fitting washer and tack weld it to the strut after everything is aligned - That's what the mechanics did to the Mid Ohio school cars (Acura RSX Type S) back when I was building mine.

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I hear you - I was just curious.

On another car I put together for track driving, I used a bolt that had an eccentric on the inner portion (which mates to the hub) - It was slightly smaller in diameter than stock and came with a washer that had a bent down tab, which would fit into that gap.

A more permanent solution would be to find a tight fitting washer and tack weld it to the strut after everything is aligned - That's what the mechanics did to the Mid Ohio school cars (Acura RSX Type S) back when I was building mine.
I'd much prefer to have a solid attachment method and use a camber plate to avoid the potential for slippage (or something like you're suggesting), but SCCA Street class rules are very limiting :(

Sponsored

Av8orntn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Finally installed the MGW shifter that I’ve had sitting around. Installed the UPR catch can with high flow PCV also.

Av8orntn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
nice any major improvements with the MGW Shifter ? How was the installation ?

There is absolutely a noticeable difference between the MGW and the stock shifter. I am not a mechanic so I had help and it took three hours almost exactly for us. It could have been quicker but took a little time to adjust the lockout pin. We watched their videos before we started and had to use them agin for reference a couple times.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Finally got around to programming the Universal Garage Door Opener in the car. I'd just been using the remote, but after buying a daily driver I needed to get it done.

It was simple to do, only took a few moments. Needed to use the learn function on my garage door unit to make it work.

sweetchuck2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, DIB, Tech package.
Hit 10,000 miles on the way home this afternoon.
Sponsored