What did you do to your GT350 today?

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
No mods, because car is still a few weeks out. However, parts are starting to come in. All seem to be as good as advertised.

- Rock blockers (JLT). Low tech foam cut with a press, but would not be easy to duplicate in the garage without some pretty precise measurements. Seems to me to be worth the few bucks. No regrets.

- Hood struts (CJ Pony): seem sturdy, and come with all the parts, to include drill bit, as advertised.

- Floor mats (LMR). Embroidery is extremely impressive--very tight and precise. The picture does not do it justice. Carpet itself seems well woven and the edges appear to be lashed well. A bit of Scotch Guard and they will be perfect. Saw some comments in various threads stating concerns that a copyright dispute caused aftermarket sales of Shelby GT350 logo to be discontinued. Obviously, not the case with LMR/Lloyd.

Each of the vendors was very responsive and I was lucky enough to receive some sort of discount and/or free shipping from each (President's Day, etc). Notably, all were also able to ship to an overseas military address, which is sometimes an issue--not this time.

Packaging--I mention this, because packages stand a better than avg chance of getting damaged when shipped overseas. Nobody skimped. All used good solid containers, boxes, envelopes--whatever. There was one slight exception with Redline. Their shipping tube is great--very thick with solid end caps stapled in place. However, there is enough dead space inside to let the parts bounce around. Not a huge deal, as nothing was damaged other than internal plastic wrappings. But, per the picture, it would be good to stuff newspaper or something inside. Again, minor in the grand scheme, but worth noting. All in all, each was worth the cost.
Very nice to see Shelby parts pile up before you get your car. I'm doing the same.
You seem to have forgotten to order the NEW tranny/diff coolers that Ford just added online !!!!!:)

I might get the clutch spring from Steeda. Already ordered the Ford performance
oil separators.
But above it all, i'd like if we were offered some kind of coolers for our base/tech cars.:(

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
i had an awesome experience today. I was parked in front of my garage and was inside cleaning up my tools. A young lady pokes her head in to ask if it is my car and if she can take a picture of it. Apparently it is her little brother's dream car. I asked her if he'd like to take a ride in one.

She called her mom, who brought her little brother over immediately. I have never seen a kid so absolutely thrilled to be in a car in my entire life.

We get back to my garage after about a 15 minute joy ride and the kid looks at his mom and says, " i will do all the chores that you want. I need to start saving my money right now. "

If i had to guess, the kid was 9 or 10 years old.

His mom smiled, said thanks and they took off.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
i had an awesome experience today. I was parked in front of my garage and was inside cleaning up my tools. A young lady pokes her head in to ask if it is my car and if she can take a picture of it. Apparently it is her little brother's dream car. I asked her if he'd like to take a ride in one.

She called her mom, who brought her little brother over immediately. I have never seen a kid so absolutely thrilled to be in a car in my entire life.

We get back to my garage after about a 15 minute joy ride and the kid looks at his mom and says, " i will do all the chores that you want. I need to start saving my money right now. "

If i had to guess, the kid was 9 or 10 years old.

His mom smiled, said thanks and they took off.
Priceless. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I did this today. Feels like it should have been there from the factory...
IMG_1050.jpg

stickman89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Just sitting back reflecting on how I got a speeding ticket in a group of cars in second gear under 2500rpm and he said I was doing 50....would not show me the radar and said my exhaust can't be stock...oh Sunday's.

Molten Orange from NW Indiana

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350 Magnetic Track Pack
No mods, because car is still a few weeks out. However, parts are starting to come in. All seem to be as good as advertised.

- Rock blockers (JLT). Low tech foam cut with a press, but would not be easy to duplicate in the garage without some pretty precise measurements. Seems to me to be worth the few bucks. No regrets.

- Hood struts (CJ Pony): seem sturdy, and come with all the parts, to include drill bit, as advertised.

- Floor mats (LMR). Embroidery is extremely impressive--very tight and precise. The picture does not do it justice. Carpet itself seems well woven and the edges appear to be lashed well. A bit of Scotch Guard and they will be perfect. Saw some comments in various threads stating concerns that a copyright dispute caused aftermarket sales of Shelby GT350 logo to be discontinued. Obviously, not the case with LMR/Lloyd.

Each of the vendors was very responsive and I was lucky enough to receive some sort of discount and/or free shipping from each (President's Day, etc). Notably, all were also able to ship to an overseas military address, which is sometimes an issue--not this time.

Packaging--I mention this, because packages stand a better than avg chance of getting damaged when shipped overseas. Nobody skimped. All used good solid containers, boxes, envelopes--whatever. There was one slight exception with Redline. Their shipping tube is great--very thick with solid end caps stapled in place. However, there is enough dead space inside to let the parts bounce around. Not a huge deal, as nothing was damaged other than internal plastic wrappings. But, per the picture, it would be good to stuff newspaper or something inside. Again, minor in the grand scheme, but worth noting. All in all, each was worth the cost.
I hope LMR comes out with a matching trunk mat!

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Just sitting back reflecting on how I got a speeding ticket in a group of cars in second gear under 2500rpm and he said I was doing 50....would not show me the radar and said my exhaust can't be stock...oh Sunday's.

Molten Orange from NW Indiana
I've been pulled over for similar types of reasons - none were able to produce a reading and no tickets issued. I'll bet the cop that got you is a Bernie voter.

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I've been pulled over for similar types of reasons - none were able to produce a reading and no tickets issued. I'll bet the cop that got you is a Bernie voter.
It's not the first time you've made some snide political reference on something unrelated. Sad.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Very nice to see Shelby parts pile up before you get your car. I'm doing the same.
You seem to have forgotten to order the NEW tranny/diff coolers that Ford just added online !!!!!:)

I might get the clutch spring from Steeda. Already ordered the Ford performance
oil separators.
But above it all, i'd like if we were offered some kind of coolers for our base/tech cars.:(
According to the tracking number the UPR catch can and oil separator arrived at the mailroom Friday.

Like you, I've got a feeling I'll be ordering a clutch spring, I want to hold off until I drive the car with the stock spring in it.

VoodooV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
One thing I've never understood..

Politics. It doesn't matter who you vote for. They all will do the same thing. :p

You just put a face to a puppet really.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I did this today. Feels like it should have been there from the factory...
Looks great, where did you buy your letters. ? Was there any template provided? Only downside is waxing will now be a pain.
Thanks
I was just being sarcastic, i guess you missed the ;).
Sponsored