What did you do to your GT350 today?

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
Thank you! There is a line item for a car cover @ $375 so I was curious about that. My biggest problem is where to park it. I only have a 2 - 1/2 car garage and it's full. I have an 06gt I don't mind parking outside but this car I would like inside. Ugh. What a problem to have. In the meantime it sits on the showroom floor in boerne and I guess that will have to do.
If you are going to use the factory cover where the wind will get at it put down a soft indoor cover first. The factory outside cover is harsm and will scratch paint.
Sponsored

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Thank you! There is a line item for a car cover @ $375 so I was curious about that. My biggest problem is where to park it. I only have a 2 - 1/2 car garage and it's full. I have an 06gt I don't mind parking outside but this car I would like inside. Ugh. What a problem to have. In the meantime it sits on the showroom floor in boerne and I guess that will have to do.
Sounds like you better get busy on that addition you didn't know you wanted. Piece of cake, right?

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I was in a similar position i had a 67 Camaro and a 68 mustang fastback in my 2 car garage when the GT350 got delivered, with winter fast approaching the 67 Camaro got put on the chopping block and sold. Might want to think about getting rid of the 06 GT. i suspect that after a few drives in the GT350 the 06 might start getting a little neglected. :thumbsup:

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
I was in a similar position i had a 67 Camaro and a 68 mustang fastback in my 2 car garage when the GT350 got delivered, with winter fast approaching the 67 Camaro got put on the chopping block and sold. Might want to think about getting rid of the 06 GT. i suspect that after a few drives in the GT350 the 06 might start getting a little neglected. :thumbsup:
i bought it (06GT) for my 17 year old, and if i sell his he will want to drive mine...it'll be a huge mess. My wifes car my truck stay in the garage so idk. the problem is im just retarded and have a house that holds 2 cars but i seem to need more than that.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
i bought it (06GT) for my 17 year old, and if i sell his he will want to drive mine...it'll be a huge mess. My wifes car my truck stay in the garage so idk. the problem is im just retarded and have a house that holds 2 cars but i seem to need more than that.
Seems to me that dads car is more important then sons. Who pays the bills there? Or son can thank dad and add onto the garage.

Sponsored

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
New factory exhaust sounds great after listening to driver side valve issue. Now to cut out resonators or not...2k no warranty part.

kratty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'56 Victoria, Tahoe, '16 GT350
Two things:

1) Installed WeatherTech floor mats.They're as good as everyone says they are.
2) The previous comment that the factory car cover is hard and will scratch paint is ridiculous. No, it is not a fleece/flannel cover, nor is it ideal for indoor use where ding protection is the primary concern. It is a very high-end cover that excels in outdoor protection. I'm pretty sure if any car cover would by itself scratch paint that it would not last long on the market.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Two things:

1) Installed WeatherTech floor mats.They're as good as everyone says they are.
2) The previous comment that the factory car cover is hard and will scratch paint is ridiculous. No, it is not a fleece/flannel cover, nor is it ideal for indoor use where ding protection is the primary concern. It is a very high-end cover that excels in outdoor protection. I'm pretty sure if any car cover would by itself scratch paint that it would not last long on the market.
Thank you!!... I've tried preaching the same thing about the covers in other threads myself with no luck. I had a cover made from the same material these factory GT350 covers are made from on a black car and it stayed under a carport where wind was able to move the cover around a little on the paint of the car and it never left the slightest mark on the paint. I even had it sitting out overnight in the open and it snowed 2 inches on the covered car by the next morning and as it was melting I brushed the snow off and uncovered the car and not a bit of moisture made its way through the cover.

I'll post this chart again for everybody, and by the way the GT350 cover is the "Weathershield HP" material. Notice that in the "soft touch" category it is the best out of the rest of the outdoor materials......

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Exactly, I like the cover, think it's awesome. The more fiber in a cover, the more chance to collect micro dirt particles and scratch the finish. This one is great, and fits like a glove!
20161220_151613.jpg

Furious_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Did a few things. Not today, the other day, but never got around to uploading the photos.
What I like about the red piping around the radio is it almost lines up with the stripes on the hood.

Where did you get the piping from. I have been wanting to do this for a while now.

Furious_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
I get your angst but lets be real, u were breaking the law and you got called out on it :headbonk:, just sayin.
Yeah because him not having his front license plate is causing the world to end. Protect and Serve, not revenue enforcement!