Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ange
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, Magnetic Grey
Got an opportunity to fit the GT350 steering wheel and Paddle Shift Extenders today. Very happy with the alcantara feel and look.

Impressed by CJ Pony Parts shipping times... the steering wheel got here within 7 days.

This is the list of my DIY mods so far;
Vinyl lights tint kit (Anchor Room)
US GT Decklid (NewTakeOff US)
LED globes for Parkers / DRL / Fog lights (Blingwork Auto Melbourne)
GT350 Steering Wheel (CJ Pony Parts US)
Savanini Paddle Shift Extenders (via eBay accessory4car seller)

:cheers:
Looks awesome. Do you have instructions how to fit new steering wheel??
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Took the car in for the 3 - 5000km "first service". Let's just say I'm SO glad I put a dashcam in.

I had 2 issues. 1 was the pony projectors and second was to fix the satellite radio.

After waiting just over 2 hours. Basically all that was done in this first service was taking the car around the service department a couple times while free revving the engine. Calling fellow mechanics over to say (I quote) "Bro look at this tuning gauge. It's got a shortshifter too". Popped hood. 3 people point and look at mods. Close hood.

Few more laps around the service area revving the engine for no reason whatsoever.

Then a 3 minute "spirited" test drive.

Pop hood again. Tighten engine oil cap, brake fluid cap etc. Done... Call customer for pickup.

Good to know I waited over 2 hours for something that could have been taken care of in 5 minutes tops. This is why I hate going to the dealership for anything :D

:thumbsup:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Took the car in for the 3 - 5000km "first service". Let's just say I'm SO glad I put a dashcam in.
Do these idiots not see the dash cam?

Have seen so many dash cam videos now of dealer "technicians" misbehaving with customer's rides.

Guess we aren't dealing with the cream of the crop here.

64-DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Australian Fastback GT Deep Impact Blue
Yes, I did it myself and this video link from Drewbo explains it perfectly. However, the video is based on a Manual trans car and I have an Auto.

In the video, the swap is done in stages... bottom section swapped over and completed, followed by each side separately completed. You use the cabling that comes with the new wheel. That is a logical way of doing it IMO, but not possible with an auto conversion.

For the Auto you have to take off all sections together (bottom and 2 sides), plus 2 extra screws to drop the paddles out, then pull the complete backing plate out. Then reverse the process. Swapping the backing plate means that all the cables and paddles come across from the old wheel.

It's well engineered and therefore comes apart and fits back together neatly.

Took me almost 2 hours... well over the estimation in the video... but I'm an amateur and had a coffee along the way.

Sponsored

AussieGreg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon FGMkII XR6 Turbo, 2016 Ford Mustang GT

I had 2 issues. 1 was the pony projectors and second was to fix the satellite radio.

After waiting just over 2 hours. Basically all that was done in this first service was taking the car around the service department a couple times while free revving the engine. Calling fellow mechanics over to say (I quote) "Bro look at this tuning gauge. It's got a shortshifter too". Popped hood. 3 people point and look at mods. Close hood.

Few more laps around the service area revving the engine for no reason whatsoever.

Then a 3 minute "spirited" test drive.

Pop hood again. Tighten engine oil cap, brake fluid cap etc. Done... Call customer for pickup.

Good to know I waited over 2 hours for something that could have been taken care of in 5 minutes tops. This is why I hate going to the dealership for anything :D

:thumbsup:
Think you need to name and shame the dealership on this forum

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
I'm really thinking dash cam now but that doesnt stop them f###king about with it and if you tell them is there they will switch it off. I used to watch while they serviced my Cougar but they still stuffed it up. Scratched my Fairlane against the wall then denied it. I actually go round the car with them and get them to note there is no damage at all. Even with that the car was damaged and the guy I booked in with was on holidays. When he came back he confirmed they must have damaged the car.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"

AussieGreg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon FGMkII XR6 Turbo, 2016 Ford Mustang GT

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Had another small mod arrive today, gorilla black lug nuts for the factory wheels. Look like they are the right ones lol. Fingers cross I did select the right ones and they fit.

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Had another small mod arrive today, gorilla black lug nuts for the factory wheels. Look like they are the right ones lol.
Cool how much and where from please :)

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red

yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
2016 manual triple yellow with gt stripes
That was interesting. Never knew you can start your car when your fob battery's flat

[ame]

Yuvraj

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuvraj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PP
hit 900kms today