What are your IAT

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Yeah I know the whole CAI and IAT thing has been beaten about but don't see much with real numbers. So let's see what everyone's IAT are and what kind of intake setup you are running.

Ambient 100-102 on the drive home this afternoon, IAT floating 110-114 range while cruising 50mph, 122 after leaving store stop, drifting back down once moving again. Stock air box with k&n filter.
Sponsored

P51DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm within 2-3 degrees of ambient on freeway, with in 6 degrees around city, and it will keep climbing the longer I sit at a stop. Probably up to 40-50 degrees above ambient if I'm waiting around somewhere. JLT with a lot of air flow coming through the grilles

Inigo

P2P Engineering
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT 6spd
I'm at 5-6 degrees above ambient during a cruise. Head temps are almost always below 200F. After a long WOT pull, I've never seen them higher than 208F

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Usually around 6 degrees above ambient, and a lot over ambient sitting in traffic. This is with an Airaid intake.

raceredftw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/ Performance Pack
I'm generally about 5 degrees above ambient while moving, stock intake.

Sponsored

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
2-3 degrees above ambient at 50+ mph then about 1-2 degrees at anything above 90 mph. Stop and go LA traffic it'll get around 10-15 degrees above ambient. The highest I've seen it get was about 165 degrees when it was about 105 degrees ambient stopped in traffic. Once up to speed, it drops really quick. I'm running a GT350 CAI with stock paper filter. I'm also Lund tuned with the 170 degree thermostat.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I'm generally about 5 degrees above ambient while moving, stock intake.
ditto here.

I want to go with a JLT intake but I want to install the exhaust and the intake at the same time. Glad to hear there is some reduction in IAT's.

raceredftw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/ Performance Pack
ditto here.

I want to go with a JLT intake but I want to install the exhaust and the intake at the same time. Glad to hear there is some reduction in IAT's.
I was actually thinking the exact opposite reading all these posts - a couple degree reduction in IAT is not worth hundreds of dollars.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was actually thinking the exact opposite reading all these posts - a couple degree reduction in IAT is not worth hundreds of dollars.
this will open a can of worms, but lol its not a drop in IAT's that cold air intakes bring, hell actually the intake temps go up, its added airflow

Sponsored

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Drill holes in grille where airbox intake is. That reduces IAT with the stock airbox.

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Like the OP, I'm in the Phoenix area. With my Magnuson SC and stock airbox, I'm usually around 15-22* over ambient while cruising the freeway.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
8-11 above ambient on cruising. WOT, not sure because I don't usually look away from the road. PMAS, Lund tuned. I also had the lund tune without the intake and I will tell you, there is a noticeable difference in torque and power throughout the powerband. It wasn't in my head. I drove my car 10k miles on just the FF tune so I was use to the feeling. I have since put 1K since the intake. Enough difference to feel it.

It's also not just about temps but flow as well. While stock is plenty capable, aftermarket allows less restrictive flow and there is a little extra power to be had. Not worth $350+ IMO but if you can buy an intake for $250 or less, I definitely think it's worth it.

Orange_cru$h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO Premium Pkg 6A 3.15 18"
Driving around I usually see 89*- 105* and in traffic jam 115-117*. JLT CAI with extended weather strip on box for better seal. Ambient in tropical island is between 78 - 105*

DanielIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT w/ 50th Anniversary Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I find myself to be at 2 - 4 degrees above ambient while driving. And between 114 through 120 degrees in a traffic jam.

I've got a Steeda Proflow Intake (no tune version), Cervinis grilles, and the MMD hood vents for the stock S550 hood. That last one is questionable, but still worth the mention.
Sponsored