Sponsored

What Advice Would You Give a Prospective Buyer for Used GT350.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Follow the classified forum and buy from a member. There have been a number of GT350's listed recently (including mine). With a little research of the seller's posting history you can get a good idea of the car's past from their posts. Plus buying from a forum member one would think you would be buying from a fellow enthusiast who would be upfront about the car.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I purchased my 2017 GT350 used through Carvana
Was going to do the same thing for one I saw in their vending machine. Problem was, I'm a cash buyer and my bank couldn't get me $55k in quarters.

15pgnatsum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Was going to do the same thing for one I saw in their vending machine. Problem was, I'm a cash buyer and my bank couldn't get me $55k in quarters.
LOL. Luckily I think you just give Carvana the $55k and then they give you one giant quarter to go in.

Unfortunately I didn't get to do the vending machine experience. They just brought the car to me in a Target parking lot :(

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I look at this a little different. I wouldn’t look for a super low mileage car. I’d try to find something with 10k-ish miles. That still gives you 50k miles of power train and several years.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Buy at least a 17 MY. A Tech pack you need to stay away from

Sponsored

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
I am in the same boat. I am looking at two used 16 Tech Pack GT350s from a Ford dealer that have 3k miles and are priced 42-44k. I am going to daily it so a Tech will be fine.

Both are lemons, one was an obvious oil consumption engine replacement per the Carfax. The other is unknown. I pIan on asking the dealer for full service records, OASIS reports and to check if they have any ESP warranties. I have experience with a Ford lemon so it doesn't bother me and knowing the GT350 an engine replacement or oil consumption issue alone makes it eligible to be a lemon due to days in service/times fixed.

I am curious why they aren't certified pre-owned, maybe it being a lemon has to do with it? I definitely want an ESP warranty on it for the maximum amount for at least the powertrain if it doesn't already. I kind of want the premiumcare so I don't have to worry about the A/C but not decided yet.

Things to worry about:
Oil Consumption
Oil starvation/hard driving before oil warms "Bad Previous Owner"
A/C system problems
Paint issues
Body/bumper gaps
Track use

Currently I'm leaning towards the engine replacement car because it's essentially new but worried if it was hooned during the break in period.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Buy a 2017 it has the right stuff

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150
Yeah, i'm trying to decide between a 17/18 or a 19 right now. I'm afraid the 19 will have ADM again or just cost significantly more due to the subtle but meaningful tweaks.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think this post is full of good advice, but all the advice is for the type of buyer that wants a perfect car as opposed to a bargain. I wouldn't be opposed to buying an older, high miles GT350. I'm enjoying my 2016 that has 30,000 miles on it.

I would advise a buyer to stay away from a 2016 tech pack if they want to track the vehicle. Other than that, typical used vehicle inspections should cover it. I would verify the magneride dampers aren't leaking if the car is out of warranty, but I think looking for a leaking shock is not an unusual thing to do.

OP
OP
Tank

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Yeah, i'm trying to decide between a 17/18 or a 19 right now. I'm afraid the 19 will have ADM again or just cost significantly more due to the subtle but meaningful tweaks.
And opportunity to go to the Track Attack :like:

Sponsored

Zeromaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
If you buy a new one, make certain the dealer installed the splitter correctly and (if its an R) removed the rear suspension spacers. Seems to be common problems.

I would also pay attention to the paint in door jams and trunk jam. Ford goes really cheap on the paint. Its especially thin on the spoilers/black roof/350R wheels. Basically any extra shit thats painted with the black

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
If you buy a new one, make certain the dealer installed the splitter correctly and (if its an R) removed the rear suspension spacers. Seems to be common problems.

I would also pay attention to the paint in door jams and trunk jam. Ford goes really cheap on the paint. Its especially thin on the spoilers/black roof/350R wheels. Basically any extra shit thats painted with the black
Based on the GT350/R's that I have had I have not come across thin paint on the spoilers on either my Track Pack car or the CF spoiler or CF wheels on my R models.

Agreed on the polyurethane shipping blocks being left in on some cases but don't only watch for them being left in the rear suspension but also left in the front suspension as well.

I still have 2 Shadow Black cars (Track Pack and R model) and sold a 2016 Shadow Black R model with the paint on each of those cars quite satisfactory at least on these 3 cars.

Sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350, '68 Firebird, '17 Raptor, '18 Macan GTS
Check the oil for glitter.

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150
And opportunity to go to the Track Attack :like:
yeah... will they let me get 2... my wife will fight me for it lol.....

seriously i'm having a hard time talking myself out of the '19 car... but then i'll want to get the track pack and be like DAMMIT i need some normal tires and wheels and drop another 4-5k in wheels and tires for daily whilst keeping the cup2s that come with the adjustable top hats and gurney flap for track driving.

and the new stereo i want to hear that too...

Aren't the stripes painted on this model instead of vinyl?

and now i could get a used gt-350 r for the price i'm talking about getting a loaaaded gt-350 oivey i talk myself in circles.

Zeromaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Based on the GT350/R's that I have had I have not come across thin paint on the spoilers on either my Track Pack car or the CF spoiler or CF wheels on my R models.

Agreed on the polyurethane shipping blocks being left in on some cases but don't only watch for them being left in the rear suspension but also left in the front suspension as well.

I still have 2 Shadow Black cars (Track Pack and R model) and sold a 2016 Shadow Black R model with the paint on each of those cars quite satisfactory at least on these 3 cars.
To the naked eye you can’t notice it. Under a detailer’s inspection light you can see the carbonfiber weave of the wheels through the paint and its also obvious with a depth gauge. The avalanche gray painted areas were thicker than my spoiler, wheels, and black roof.
Sponsored