Sponsored

What’s your Ford dealership charging for an oil change?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I do have a roush p2 on my car so it’s 5w50 full synthetic. I’ve had oil changes in 3 states and it’s always around $180. Only good thing is that Geico paid $13,000 for a new engine and I have a ton of ford points.
Sponsored

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
The dealer where I bought my car charged me $110 for the works. They charged me $7.50 qt for synthetic blend…Last month I decided to change dealers and went to the dealer I bought my F150 from and they charged me $60@ $3.39 a qt for the same oil…go figure.

Bob Lob Law

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium
$25/5qt jugs of 5w30 synth from Costco. x2
13-17 for a quality filter (I bought a case of FP filters way back)
$30 to the local gas station guy - who I've known forever and services Merc, Bmw, and because it's mine, the Audi and *retch* Fords.

So just shy of $100.

I don't have all day to wait around for dealer grease monkeys to maybe get around to doing it when it suits their fancy.
This! I get my oil in the 5 qt jugs and have my buddies shop do the oil change for like $30.

KGbyrd1966

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
$85.00 for Semi-Synthetic and $99.00 for full syn. 10 quarts and oil filter. “The works”.

Sponsored

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Guys I don't understand how you could pay such ridiculous prices for "The Works".

Only possible explanation is that the "The Works" is performed by underpaid shaved apes who can care less about the car, filter is changed with one with toilet paper as filtering media and the oil is them pissing in the pan.

Italy is cheap for labor and 1h of mechanics time is no less than 50€/hr. USA is much more expensive on that front, I really can't understand how some prices are compatible wit the service being done as it should.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Guys I don't understand how you could pay such ridiculous prices for "The Works".

Only possible explanation is that the "The Works" is performed by underpaid shaved apes who can care less about the car, filter is changed with one with toilet paper as filtering media and the oil is them pissing in the pan.

Italy is cheap for labor and 1h of mechanics time is no less than 50€/hr. USA is much more expensive on that front, I really can't understand how some prices are compatible wit the service being done as it should.
They all use motorcraft filters.

The oil I’m not 100% sure on as many dealers get the oil delivered in bulk and have in shop oil fill systems (think of gas pumps that hang from the ceiling that pump oil). But the oil will have to meet the required specs (not just oil weight) laid out by ford or third party warranties and possibly ford company warranties would deny claims based on wrong oil.

If they don’t have the weight of oil in bulk they will use the same motorcraft oil you can buy anywhere.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)

The oil I’m not 100% sure on as many dealers get the oil delivered in bulk and have in shop oil fill systems (think of gas pumps that hang from the ceiling that pump oil). But the oil will have to meet the required specs (not just oil weight) laid out by ford or third party warranties and possibly ford company warranties would deny claims based on wrong oil.

If they don’t have the weight of oil in bulk they will use the same motorcraft oil you can buy anywhere.
It's the same here... still, does not add up. It's less the cost of skilled labor performing a proper inspection.

Skilled it's probably the keyword here...

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Back when I was 18 I worked in the lube department at Ford. The "WORKS" is garbage service, the only thing you get out of it is tire rotation and oil change. If you car is newer nothing gets checked usually, maybe just brakes, tires (the tech would just check them all as good). True not all are the same but after working in the lube department I refuse to trust the lube techs because they are normally the inexperience kids or low paid techs.

Fast forward to today had my Mach 1 first oil change done for free, low and behold made a mess and my filter was loose.

I change my own oil but not everyone can or wants to change their oil. I just recommend you find a good oil change place and stick to it. That's my .02 cents.

Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

It's also a "loss leader" for the service department.

When a sucker gets a $75 oil change, they also get the air filter, cabin air filter, brake job, new tires, coolant flush, trans flush, etc

The biggest suckers wander away from the coffee and donuts in the waiting area, and come out with a brand new car...

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

The oil is pumped from a man container for the regular synthetic blend. There is a Oil pump gun right above. If you request fully synthetic they go to parts department and grab that oil to add it in. At least thats how it was at the place I worked at.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The oil is pumped from a man container for the regular synthetic blend. There is a Oil pump gun right above. If you request fully synthetic they go to parts department and grab that oil to add it in. At least thats how it was at the place I worked at.
I've seen the setup where they have the oil in boxes as well. Kind of like this but with brand names.

bag-in-box(1).jpg

Cpcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 6MT
$180 for full synthetic

Felt a bit overcharged and they(stealership) refused to do 5w-30 (lol?).

So i began doing it myself since the car had 20k miles.

$70 ( 2 5qt jugs of penske platinum ultimate 5w-30 from walmart + filter)

I keep receipts and add it to my carfax.

Whether that would work for warranty, idk, but I am at 50k miles so its almost out anyway. Cars been prestine since I bought it.

I actually just got a call from that dealership asking if I want to "upgrade" to a new s650. Hell no. Love my 2020 GT.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
$180 for full synthetic

Felt a bit overcharged, so began doing it myself. ~ $70 ( 2 5qt jugs of penske platinum ultimate from walmart + filter)

I keep receipts and add it to my carfax.

Whether that would work for warranty, idk, but I am at 50k miles, and cars been prestine since I bought it.
Its fine for warranty, you are allowed to change your own fluids. The only time it would deny your warranty is if lets say your engine blows. After inspection they prove that lack of maintenance was the cause. Would not hurt to keep all receipts and keep a log though to prove that you done it.
Sponsored