Sponsored

Wet motorcycle engine smell

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Getting this stink in my cabin especially after drives like yesterday through standing water and flooding.

Would this be thanks to that sound tube thingy?

Btw despite awful conditions, my new MPSS rears did not give a single moment of concern and even allowed me to keep up with the latest 911 who decided he fancied drag racing despite the incessant rain.
Sponsored

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
...despite awful conditions, my new MPSS rears did not give a single moment of concern ...
My suggestion for the cause of the smell was going to be related to trousers .... but it seems like that wasn't the case :D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Any standing water in the car? [MENTION=8914]Big_G[/MENTION] had something like this.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Getting this stink in my cabin especially after drives like yesterday through standing water and flooding.

Would this be thanks to that sound tube thingy?

Btw despite awful conditions, my new MPSS rears did not give a single moment of concern and even allowed me to keep up with the latest 911 who decided he fancied drag racing despite the incessant rain.
Get the bonnet open mate and have a look. Shouldn't be too difficult to spot given the descriptions so far.

The one from Cati's thread states it was on the RHD.

Whereas the post from djone suggests on the left. May be a case of a service bulletin and the technician not having google handy to check the difference between left and right :shrug:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Get the bonnet open mate and have a look. Shouldn't be too difficult to spot given the descriptions so far.

The one from Cati's thread states it was on the RHD.

Whereas the post from djone suggests on the left. May be a case of a service bulletin and the technician not having google handy to check the difference between left and right :shrug:
Come on, everyone knows using your index finger and thumb, that your left hand produces an 'L' shape, and your right hand produces a backwards 'L' shape... stupid technician :p
Sponsored