Sponsored

Well My Friends, It Has Been A Pleasure :)

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
OP, good luck to ya with your decision. I've always loved the looks of the M3's, but never owned one. When it came time to buy my first new car, I had seriously looked into the M3. I wasn't overly thrilled to read many threads of what it costs out of pocket when the warranty runs out, but, I went to the dealership anyway. What completely turned me off was some 20 something punk ass sales guy comes out and says; "hello, interested in the M3"?" l said "yes, I am". He looked at my work car beater, which is an '06 Chevy Cobalt, and said "are you sure the M3 is in your price range"? I said a few words I won't repeat, and left. True story.

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Congrats on the car. I heard a new m3 the other day get on it and it sounded great.

I love this color they offer also:

101702962.jpg

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Congrats on the car. I heard a new m3 the other day get on it and it sounded great.

I love this color they offer also:

101702962.jpg
I really like the looks of BMW the only thing I have a problem with, is the grill on them, they have had this same style looking grill it seems forever. Just my opinion. But a great looking car. :cheers:

Falcon01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost Premium PP Manual
I just signed a deal and will be trading in my GT for a '17 M3 with the competition package. The current gen M3 has always been a car I have wanted but only now have the #'s worked out for me. A few thoughts:
1. I still think the world of my S550, and am still amazed by the looks, power, and incredible value
2. I am also on a BMW forum and this forum is by far and away a much better place to hang out...more knowledgeable, more friendly, etc...
3. I will continue to lurk on this forum :)
All the best everyone!! :cheers:
Congrats and good choice! I love the M3. By far my favorite BMW to drive, with second place being a new G12 750. I looked into leasing one when I worked there. I have since got a new job, and can't justify the price without the employee discount.

The employee lease M3's (72k MSRP) go for about $560-$600/month with nothing down + MSD. It literally is a steal. They get it for invoice - $5700.

Sponsored

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Not gonna lie, I'm jealous. If I could afford one that's what I would be driving. My tuned 335i was a BEAST and handled very well.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I'll add my 2 cents. OP said that the M3 is what he wanted for a long time. I respect that. I live in Germany and see BMW's all the time and I just don't see what is great about this car. From what I understand the BMW is expensive as f**k to repair and they break down more often that owners would expect for such a high class and expensive car. I'll take a Mustang any day. :ford:

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Congrats on the M3. M4 is near the top of my list of next moves sometime down the road right behind the Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio, in case that turns out being a dud (chances of which are relatively high).

mmc

9 Second Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan GT-R
Back in 2014, I was planning to do summer European delivery of a M4 in 2015. Then Nissan put huge incentives on the 2015 GT-R's and went that route instead. M3's are a nice combination of 4 door practical with good driving dynamics.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Sell me your clutch assist spring ;) Grats on the M. I had a 328ic for 10 years before the mustang.

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
To each his own. The M3 is a great track car. But even BMW fanboys at Car & Driver recently conceded it's not a compelling street car. Their long term test was REALLY disappointed. "For $80k? No." That's what I've been saying right along.

Obviously a lot of guys have more toy money than I have, and GT350, GT350Rs, M3s and M4s are great toys. I am so very happy to have my Mustang GT and all of it's capability, speed and sophistication, for only $36k. I feel like I got the steal of the decade.

OP
OP
Steve44

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
What color did you go with? Just last week looked at a parked M4 where I work. Goooood lord that thing was clean! It was like a grabber blue/petty blue with white leather interior, thing was just siiiick!
I ended up getting mineral grey, which is almost identical to my magnetic GT:)

OP
OP
Steve44

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
Congrats ! The new M3s are awesome :thumbsup: What color/options? Mild mods and they are ridiculously fast. I had an Old e46 M3 a few years back and it was a great car.
You can go pretty crazy with the options but the "base" car comes pretty loaded and I had a specific budget. I added the Dual clutch auto, competition package, and executive package. After a few years of driving stick, it is time for a change plus my wife will be driving once in a while.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I ended up getting mineral grey, which is almost identical to my magnetic GT:)
When I had my 135i 6MT the SA that I dealt with was leasing an M3, forget the name of the color but think it was Dakur Yellow? Had the carbon fiber roof etc, he said he leased one every couple of years. GL & enjoy...
Sponsored