Well… F$@k!

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I was licking my chops thinking it was a GT and I could grab a low mileage engine from the insurance company. Sorry that you messed your car up, but glad no one was seriously hurt. Hopefully you won't be feeling the effects of this physically down the road, but I see it too often. Get yourself to a good chiropractor and get checked. Things happen from a soft tissue perspective, so quickly in an accident like this, that your brain can't process it.
Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I was licking my chops thinking it was a GT and I could grab a low mileage engine from the insurance company. Sorry that you messed your car up, but glad no one was seriously hurt. Hopefully you won't be feeling the effects of this physically down the road, but I see it too often. Get yourself to a good chiropractor and get checked. Things happen from a soft tissue perspective, so quickly in an accident like this, that your brain can't process it.
It takes 6 weeks for soft tissue to recover fully having gone thru a total on my truck 3 months ago.statefarm totalled it when fix passed 60 % of market value for wants that worth.but I loved that truck but they dont make them anymore caddy ext

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Pray its totaled , you don't want that car back .....
Why? Fixed properly it is just fine, possibly better than off the assembly line.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Pray its totaled , you don't want that car back .....
There's always one..

Why? Fixed properly it is just fine, possibly better than off the assembly line.
Exactly this. Mine's been wrecked and came back from the body shop with perfectly matched paint and body gaps better than the factory. I defy anyone to tell anything was done.
Besides, are that point you've already taken the equity hit why not get some enjoyment from it?

JoeSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, Manual
Glad no one was hurt, but I'd say it's totalled. On the good side, now you can step up to a 5.0. But please get a leftover 23. Don't purchase that hideous thing they call a Mustang in 2024.

Only kidding guys. I don't like the looks, but some do and I can respect their wrong opinions. 😂
No, they’re hideous, like a GTA mashup gone wrong

glad you’re okay btw

Sponsored

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
Right off the bat even fixed to perfection ( never happen) it will be worth 3-5K less once it hits the Carfax , never mind the corrosion resistance and structural integrity will never be the same .

I deal with bodyshops all day long its how I make a living but you are kidding yourself if you don't believe the insurance company pressure on these shops to get the cars out ... Even the best shops would be hard pressed to spend an extra minute to make sure processes are done correctly .

This is moot anyway because the car looks finished .

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
There's always one..

Exactly this. Mine's been wrecked and came back from the body shop with perfectly matched paint and body gaps better than the factory. I defy anyone to tell anything was done.
Besides, are that point you've already taken the equity hit why not get some enjoyment from it?
Guess there's always "one lucky one" too ....

Not sure what you meant but most crash jobs are individual cases , not everyone is as fortunate as you made yourself out to be . That car is demolished it would be a crime to patch that up and hand it back to the owner so the insurance company could save a couple hundred dollars .

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
That car is demolished it would be a crime to patch that up and hand it back to the owner so the insurance company could save a couple hundred dollars.
That car looks to be quite easily and readily repairable.

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
My guess is you're right on the edge. I'm guessing the tipping point will be if the front frame rails are tweaked.
If they opt to repair it be sure they replace the VIN and tire/load stickers under the latch on the rear quarter.
Agree fully--you're right on the edge.

Sponsored

jlchoutex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 401A
You are not able to get diminished value from your own insurance carrier.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
You are not able to get diminished value from your own insurance carrier.
I got money from state farm.it wasn't mu h lik 1500bucks and 15000 in damage from my carrier

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It takes 6 weeks for soft tissue to recover fully having gone thru a total on my truck 3 months ago.statefarm totalled it when fix passed 60 % of market value for wants that worth.but I loved that truck but they dont make them anymore caddy ext
And you want it to heal properly in the correct orientation.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I got money from state farm.it wasn't mu h lik 1500bucks and 15000 in damage from my carrier
Are you saying that your insurance paid to repair your vehicle, AND paid you diminished value?

Did someone hit you, or did you hit someone else?

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Are you saying that your insurance paid to repair your vehicle, AND paid you diminished value?

Did someone hit you, or did you hit someone else?
I got hit.and yes to both questions
Sponsored