Sponsored

Weighted Shift Knobs

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
Anyone know where I can find compatible weighted and larger shift knobs? All the CJ pony & speeddawg crap are super light and tiny in the hand. I saw the Bomba one but still, too light for my taste.
Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
There are very few and they are expensive. TWM, Raceseng, and WC Lathe Werks are the three that come to mind. TWM has one knob if I remember right, Raceseng is in works of making one compatible for our car(I was actually a part of the prototype design for them), and Lathe Werks has a few but you have to look under the Fiesta/Focus ST, guess no one told them they're compatible yet. I had a TWM before and I really liked it. Good weight and it really didn't get that hot for a metal knob. But with the interior of our car I think Raceseng and Lathe Werks might have a better looking knob, and they could potentially provide more comfort. All depends on what you want.

OP
OP

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST knobs work on our cars?

yjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium PP MT GT
If you get an adapter you can use any shift knob with M12x1.25 tread. a typical stainless ball one will weight at 500gram and cost around 40-50$. I have a knob made out of natural hematite rock, weight is at around 375gram.
downside is it does increase the height by an inch.
knob.jpg

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
I plan on drilling out my speed dawg knob and inserting lead slugs. Always an option.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you get an adapter you can use any shift knob with M12x1.25 tread. a typical stainless ball one will weight at 500gram and cost around 40-50$. I have a knob made out of natural hematite rock, weight is at around 375gram.
downside is it does increase the height by an inch.
Where did you get the adapter?

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
I had Steeda's ceramic coated steel shift knob and billet shift lever on my '07 GT500, and would love something similar for my '15. It was over a pound in weight, and shifted with serious authority.
shifter.jpg

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST knobs work on our cars?
http://www.cjponyparts.com/shift-kn...t-2013-2014-focus-st-2015-mustang/p/MSK402-V/

here is just one link, as you can see they grouped all three cars together for the same knob. I might be possibly buying a new knob soon that was designed for the fiesta st. I am confident they have the same dimensions.

EDIT: So I did some more research and it seems that the Focus St and Fiesta St knobs have different depths. On the Fiesta St forum they used a 6G mustang knob but were not able to thread it down to the point of bottoming out as it prevented the use of their reverse lockout. Someone claimed the Fiesta ST knob would not fit a mustang but idk how they came to that conclusion. Sooner or later someone should offer us higher grade knobs because I cannot stand the billiard type that seem to be our only option as of now. Also the adapter is more of an eyesore than the reverse lock out mechanism. It doesn't look natural to the car at all.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dhardison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
CJ's sells black and silver one for 20$ each. I have both and I think black looks a little better since it looks smaller visually.
Would it be possible for you to tell me the outside diameter of the CJ adapter? I have a weighted shift knob from my previous Fusion and would like to see if the adapter will work with that knob.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I bought a weighted knob off Lathewerks. I'll post pictures when its finished.
Sponsored