chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody using a weighted shift knob on a MGW flat stick shifter? The threads on the flat stick are 3/8"x 16 and I'm having a hard time finding a sphere shape with that thread and no recess for a pull up reverse lock out. Please don't suggest Anarchy Motive, I'll never deal with that guy again. I'm looking for a plain white knob with the shift pattern and at least 430 grams.
Sponsored

Coyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Abe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I just installed a Raceseng shift knob. Very nice build quality but quite expensive but I like it a lot. I don't have the MGW stick but I know they also sell thread adapters as well as standard shift knobs without the bored out bottom.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
I tried a Flossy Sno-Ball on an MGW in my '14 GT...Didn't like it, the weight was too much.

I still have the damn thing sitting around...

OP
OP
chesster51

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody using a weighted shift knob on a MGW flat stick shifter? The threads on the flat stick are 3/8"x 16 and I'm having a hard time finding a sphere shape with that thread and no recess for a pull up reverse lock out. Please don't suggest Anarchy Motive, I'll never deal with that guy again. I'm looking for a plain white knob with the shift pattern and at least 430 grams.
What style did you get?

OP
OP
chesster51

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed a Raceseng shift knob. Very nice build quality but quite expensive but I like it a lot. I don't have the MGW stick but I know they also sell thread adapters as well as standard shift knobs without the bored out bottom.
Well let me try again, maybe without quoting myself this time. Anyhow, which Raceseng knob did you get?

Sponsored

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Just installed a Raceseng slammer. Love it so far. Actually seems to sit just a bit lower than my previous standard ball shift knob. The weight certainly makes shifting much smoother, and the quality of the knob cant be beat. On top of all of that, when I emailed their tech line with a question, I received a very prompt and friendly response.

In short, I don't regret for a second spending the money one of their setups run...

FatPat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I have the Raseseng big bore ashiko paired with my steeda short throw shifter. I love it. They are great to deal with btw. I'm sure they can make an adapter if they have a shift knob you like.

Danmg202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt- 401a - PP1
I ran a raceseng orbature on my Barton hybrid 3, favorite mod I did on the car really, whole set up actually worked with no down sides.

OP
OP
chesster51

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed a Raceseng slammer. Love it so far. Actually seems to sit just a bit lower than my previous standard ball shift knob. The weight certainly makes shifting much smoother, and the quality of the knob cant be beat. On top of all of that, when I emailed their tech line with a question, I received a very prompt and friendly response.

In short, I don't regret for a second spending the money one of their setups run...
What finish did you go with?

Sponsored

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Went with the gloss black. The finish is literally perfect. With the exception of the metallic, I liked all of the black colors. Also really like the look of the brushed ones too. I really think the textured version would fit well with a black interior and provide a little extra grip as well. If you couldn't tell, it was a tough choice!
20200406_185650.jpg
20200406_185729.jpg

Coyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Abe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
What style did you get?
Well let me try again, maybe without quoting myself this time. Anyhow, which Raceseng knob did you get?
I got the raceseng slammer smoke translucent color. It is amazing! Much more classy than the clown nose red or blue in my opinion. I would say the shift knob definitely helped the notchiness of the mt82 but not cured it. Next mod will be the Barton 3.

Coyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Abe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I got the raceseng slammer smoke translucent color. It is amazing! Much more classy than the clown nose red or blue in my opinion. I would say the shift knob definitely helped the notchiness of the mt82 but not cured it. Next mod will be the Barton 3.
08C57D30-7A8B-4BAD-8582-69F7A66A7985.jpeg
6D094E2B-AF70-44AB-9FE4-66CA0736BE49.jpeg

OP
OP
chesster51

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys, really appreciate the responses. Definitely decided on the Slammer, just trying to nail down the finish. I have a Bullitt and originally wanted a white knob to match the factory knob as much as possible. But now I’m liking the beaded and the brushed in natural. Since the MGW flat stick doesn’t use the pull up reverse lockout, I’m kind of worried how it will look with the large flat area on the bottom of the knob where it connects to the 3/8” threads. I know the adapter will fill the void in the bottom of the knob, just not sure how it’s gonna look.