Sponsored

WBAC Valution up!

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Looking through the spam on my email account, I noticed some from WBAC telling me to check the valuation on my Mustang.

I had used their site a couple of months back when I was thinking of selling and they were offering £24k.

Today they are offering £26700. Not bad considering they tend to be the lowest offers and the car cost me a smidge over £34k and is now a year and a half old.

Still see loads on sale, like mine, asking as new money or more. Considering the only bite in 2 months for sale that I got was a trader, are people getting great money for their cars?

Just wondering how much [MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION] managed to get for his Eco before going V8?
Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Mines up for sale only been 3 days but had over a thousand views on eBay and 13 watchers. 1 guy is sniffing about but nothing solid yet. Got mine up for 36k
That's more than what I paid for mine new:D

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
BLIMEY, i was thinking today if i sold mine i would be happy with 28 with all mods left on.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Managed to get £26k in the end - private sale from my atotrader ad. Very happy considering the list price on the eco was £29590. Few mods bit nothing crazy expensive

Sponsored

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
I traded in to Ford. 1 year old with exhaust and stripe. Got £31k for a Yellow GT with all options. Privately may have made a bit more.

I can't see the higher priced ones selling especially when the new one is made available. There are loads around so I think the glory days are fading.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
The 15 will retain its value as they have ruined the design on the 18. Initially there may be a hit as people rush for the new tech but over time the 15 styling will win over.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Tough competition in the £36k region.

Finished in Ingot silver with ebony leather interior the car has the full custom pack so has the benefit of sat nav, heated and cooled seats and rear parking sensors.
Maintained thoroughly the car has a full service history and is currently in our Colchester facility. Vehicle mileage is 11,650.
The car was first registered in May 2016 by the existing owner and has been modified with the following:
Stage 2 Whipple Supercharger
Roush Axle back exhaust
Eibach sportline springs
Steeda diff bushings
Bmr cradle lock out kit
Whipple boost gauge
N-gauge diagnostic device
Wheel spacers
Mud flaps
Full contrasting stripes
Painted coil covers
This vehicle is offered on behalf of a valued customer as a private sale.
Price is £36,995

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I think the '15 will hold its value also.. the '18 is very techy yeah, which means there will be issues. The biggest worry for me would be the plasma wire sprayed bores on the gen 3 Coyote.

Instead of a liner in an Ali block, they spray metal on to a thickness of only .006", (The hairs on your head average .004"), then hone it.

As an aerospace trained Engineer with many many years of building engines I fail to see how this is going to last high miles or put up with high power applications?

I realise this is the same process as used on the GT350, but really, how long have they been around?

Please prove me wrong Ford, for the sake of all the '18 MY owners.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I contacted WBAC for a valuation on mine, which came back at £30K. They actually called me the very next day to see if I was going go through with it?

I use WBAC a lot to get true bottom values of used cars and they have never called me before? Not sure whats going on here??

Sponsored

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Probably someone who works there saw it come in and fancied picking up a bargain for themselves

Zwerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Volvo XC60
I just got a speculative WBAC quote on my April 2016 GT (5500 miles) and they offered £28,690 which was higher than i expected.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I just got a speculative WBAC quote on my April 2016 GT (5500 miles) and they offered £28,690 which was higher than i expected.
Higher than expected?! That's worrying for a car that's only done 5,500 miles

Zwerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Volvo XC60
Higher than expected from WBAC....I wouldn't actually sell it for that !

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
A guy on FB just sold his (With near 40k miles) £29k. Had Quad tip and valance, tuned and an intake with a gt350 carrol Shelby (Decal) signed decklid.... Yep. 29k....
Sponsored