Watson sets new record 9.13.....

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
car is very nice looking, but it doesn't have to be that involved to go quick

we plan on 8s @ 4k pounds on the factory pcm and auto as soon as the shortblock goes in

their car is super clean, they do great work

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
car is very nice looking, but it doesn't have to be that involved to go quick

we plan on 8s @ 4k pounds on the factory pcm and auto as soon as the shortblock goes in

their car is super clean, they do great work
Agree, on all accounts.

Obviously its not a 2015, however we have that customer with a 2012,
Full Street Weight (3,800+)
Factory OEM Motor (Just a boss intake)
Factory Trans

That went bottom 9's... with a D1SC. lol

Making that number very possible with a stock'ish 2015.

Rodeheaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 base model auto
This was not done on the factory ecu. Kinda pointless.

Sponsored

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
There will be plenty of cars with much less than this build that will run low 9's.
I have seen this car in person. It is a no expenses spared build. Very nice!

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Actually that is exactly the point. All of you that think you can do this with an over the counter kit have fooled themselves.
I mean this with as little disrespect as possible. Youre fucking high. It can be done. Give it time its a new chassis. People are doing it with the s197 coyote. This chassis will be no different.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Show me one s197 doing low 9s with an out of the box supercharger kit?
So im limted to only low 9s? Why? Look at the vortech jt-b. Look at the paxton novi 2200sl, 8s was done on a s197 coyote on that blower. Jpc did 9s on it too. Beef ran mid 9s on the jt-b on a 4000lb car. he has tons of off the shelf parts on that car. Hell look at that procharger slip up a few posts. Thats an off the shelf kit. Its also a s197 coyote. How many 8-9 second cars have you built? Because so far with your statements it looks like none. Maybe drag racing isnt your thing.

Jpc has a single turbo kit they sell that they ran 8s and 9s on for the s197. Its only harder right now on the s550 because its a new chassis.

It comes down three things mainly. Most people just dont know how to piece together a well running setup. Its not anything anyone should feel bad about. Its just lack of experience. Most people aren't very good drag racers either. It just takes practice and experience. You cant have one without the other. Da matters a lot too. Its a variable most people dont take into account.

Last edited:

Draggin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 mustang
This was not done on the factory ecu. Kinda pointless.

Yea. Your right. They should just run it into a wall and put the fire out with piss. So totally pointless. I mean ALL Watson Racing is known for is bolt on parts for street cars.

Or...... Wait a min. They aren't known for bolt on kit bull crap. They are a RACE shop with fabricators and engineers and race cars. Including the new cobra jet.

The mustang world is FLOODED with bolt on shops that sell and install OTHER people's parts ONLY.

Watson is a innovator, build extremely high end RACE CARS.

Above and beyond anything a bolt on shop could ever hope to be. Keep on selling kits, using others tuning, claiming it to be "yours".

Rodhever. You have a bolt in 9" coming out for the s550? A prefab cage? Wheelie bars?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Yea. Your right. They should just run it into a wall and put the fire out with piss. So totally pointless. I mean ALL Watson Racing is known for is bolt on parts for street cars.

Or...... Wait a min. They aren't known for bolt on kit bull crap. They are a RACE shop with fabricators and engineers and race cars. Including the new cobra jet.

The mustang world is FLOODED with bolt on shops that sell and install OTHER people's parts ONLY.

Watson is a innovator, build extremely high end RACE CARS.

Above and beyond anything a bolt on shop could ever hope to be. Keep on selling kits, using others tuning, claiming it to be "yours".

Rodhever. You have a bolt in 9" coming out for the s550? A prefab cage? Wheelie bars?
he runs 9s on off the shelf parts.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30344

Watsons build is nice. No one thinks it is. Its just overkill for a car only running high 8s or low 9s. I guess you dont get how big of a deal standalone is. They are a lot less limited then factory ecu cars. their rear end swap is very badass but a bit much. Itll be great for people wanting more then mid 8s. i personally have plans for watsons engine solid engine mounts. I like their products

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
My package is my package. it's the way we do it.

I have probably 300+ of my custom packages out there on coyote cars.

no different than vmp taking a tvs and putting their spin on it.

or procharger offering customization to their packages.

same package we offer to every customer.

again, once we put a shortblock in the car I "guarantee" 8s out of the car, at 4k pounds, on 17's...

our combo is a proven combo on these cars.

the only thing limiting me right now is the shortblock. no fancy tricks, nothing hidden about what is done.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
So im limted to only low 9s? Why? Look at the vortech jt-b. Look at the paxton novi 2200sl, 8s was done on a s197 coyote on that blower. Jpc did 9s on it too. Beef ran mid 9s on the jt-b on a 4000lb car. he has tons of off the shelf parts on that car. Hell look at that procharger slip up a few posts. Thats an off the shelf kit. Its also a s197 coyote. How many 8-9 second cars have you built? Because so far with your statements it looks like none. Maybe drag racing isnt your thing.

Jpc has a single turbo kit they sell that they ran 8s and 9s on for the s197. Its only harder right now on the s550 because its a new chassis.

It comes down three things mainly. Most people just dont know how to piece together a well running setup. Its not anything anyone should feel bad about. Its just lack of experience. Most people aren't very good drag racers either. It just takes practice and experience. You cant have one without the other. Da matters a lot too. Its a variable most people dont take into account.
This post was toward members, not vendors incase any vendor got that impression.

Im thankful for having all these vendors here giving people options to go fast.
Sponsored