Warranty question

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Hey guys, I'm getting my Steeda CAI/tune put on next week and my roommate asked me an interesting question. He wondered if it was worth it to cancel the warranty I purchased when I bought the car since the tune will void it anyway. I son't really know anything about this and wondered if anyone had any experience with this. I bought the car in Dec 2014 so I've had it for about a year and a half. Thanks for any help you can provide...
Sponsored

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Keep it for other parts

The tune does not void the entire warranty just cai and intake related parts. What about power seat motor, defective body parts, electrical components,radio, speaker and steering column just to name a few.

I listed those above because those are things that I had to replace on a 4 yeare old car out of factory warranty.

I would keep warranty unless you don't plan on keeping car for longer than factory warranty.

Now if you are not keeping then you will get a small refund back from warranty company..but probably not enought to matter.

5.0 Probie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
The tune does not void the entire warranty just cai and intake related parts. What about power seat motor, defective body parts, electrical components,radio, speaker and steering column just to name a few.

I listed those above because those are things that I had to replace on a 4 yeare old car out of factory warranty.

I would keep warranty unless you don't plan on keeping car for longer than factory warranty.

Now if you are not keeping then you will get a small refund back from warranty company..but probably not enought to matter.
^^ That... :headbang:

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
Not so fast

Likely the advice as to what part of the warrantee is void is probably Ok. But don't expect the blue oval to pony up if there are any type of engine problems that cost real money - they will blame the tune for anything they can reasonably link to it.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
what kind of warranty did you buy ? Given past forum postings, its not clear how and when Ford will check for a tune. Although if you have CAI, a mechanic may assume you have one.

Sponsored

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
what kind of warranty did you buy ? Given past forum postings, its not clear how and when Ford will check for a tune. Although if you have CAI, a mechanic may assume you have one.
I agree!
Seeing how the stock airbox flows quite well and the air inlet temps seem to run 10-15 degrees warmer than ambient temp less when cruising the interstate. I'll be dropping a AEM filter into the box, sight unseen and benefits are still there. Keep in mind my car is a daily driver, but still lots of fun, and isn't it all about the fun factor?

My 2 cents

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Hey guys, I'm getting my Steeda CAI/tune put on next week and my roommate asked me an interesting question. He wondered if it was worth it to cancel the warranty I purchased when I bought the car since the tune will void it anyway. I son't really know anything about this and wondered if anyone had any experience with this. I bought the car in Dec 2014 so I've had it for about a year and a half. Thanks for any help you can provide...
No problems since Dec14'.... then no question on doing the Steeda CAI tune and realizing what you've been missing the last 18 months.:thumbsup:

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
If you tune your car for anything say goodbye to your engine warranty.
Sponsored