Sponsored

Want a '15 - but dealer won't take my '13 on trade due to recall - HELP!

flubyu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So I am a bit new to the forum, but have been stalking the 2015 like crazy since it the debut. I have been close about 3 times to purchasing one and could never seem to make numbers line up.

I was at the dealer today looking at a beautiful DIB 15 GT and asked to run some numbers. I had finally convinced myself that now was the time. Now the deal has stalled indefinitely.

I have a 13 GT convertible, loaded, but unfortunately under the latest series of Ford recalls for the Takata air bags. There are essentially two versions of the recall, mine car under the "we aren't even forecasting part availability" category. The dealer cannot accept or sell my potential trade.

So what do I do?? As a convertible, I don't want to miss peak season now for trade values and the current incentives on the 15. I've been "guestimated" parts available to mend the recall sometime in the Fall, but that means I need to hold on to the car another year.

Anyone else in this boat?? All I want to do is give the dealer my business and nobody can take me!
Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
seems like BS to me.

make an appointment for service for the recall, get it on the books. That should show in the ford system you tried to do the recal, and they then should take ownership.

Ford can't hold you hostage because they can't service their car under warranty or factory recall.

87IROCZOWNER69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost and 1987 IROC-Z
Good luck to you. Might be a hard sale for you to get rid of it since the dealer will have to hang on to the vehicle until the parts come out to fix the recall since they can't sell a vehicle with an open recall on it. That being said if you're lucky someone will give you a good price for it but right now you're best bet is to try and sell it yourself or maybe find another local dealer like carmax or a dealer that isn't aware of the recall.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
go to a dealer that will work with you.

Sponsored

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
they wont take it in on trade because they cant sell it until they have the recall performed, and there's not even an inkling when parts will be released to correct the recall at this time.

Not that this helps, just wanted to give some inside knowledge into the situation at hand.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Just take it to another dealer. I'll bet the next dealer won't even mention the recall.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
That makes no sense, they can just hold it until the parts come, fix it and then sell it just fine. They probably don't want money tied up buying the car to sit. Try another Ford dealer, someone will buy it and wait for the recall to fix the airbags.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Sounds like bs to me. I traded my 06 for my 15 and my 06 had the same recall without parts available. I had zero trouble with my trade in and the recall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
Dealerships are filled with double digit IQ people, try another one. Don't go to carmax so you can have tax savings on the trade-in.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Of course riding around in a loaded '13 vert isn't the end of the world either. Easier on the pocketbook, too. Maybe this is a subtle message from the universe that you're supposed to wait a little longer.

Arrowsigns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadi-Mustang-Silvarado-
Ford cannot sell a car with a open recall. Also- they cannot sell a car with a open recall at a dealer auction.
Well a dealer might be able to sell it but it would include "as is"

Last edited:

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Dealerships are filled with double digit IQ people, try another one. Don't go to carmax so you can have tax savings on the trade-in.
NJ does not give you tax credit on trade. You are taxed on the purchase price of the vehicle.
Sponsored