Sponsored

Waiting...the struggle is real

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Every day that passes, I find myself contemplating another add to the build. Started out with an absolute stripper GT. Added 301A. Then decided to make it a premium. Now thinking about performance pack and magneride. Trying to hold off so I can add some more track focused parts to it. Then, I start tossing around the idea of waiting for a 2023/2024 if this runs past August.

No real point to this thread aside from commiserating with all the other people waiting…..
Sponsored

ConSpooky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Grabber Blue Metallic
If waiting is an issue for you, I definitely wouldn’t throw in PP/magneride. Tons of people have been waiting for months without a build date with those options.

bombom_504

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2022 gt (coming)
i just put in a custom order on the 31st of march…. a 2022 GT premium 401a manual w/ magneride… it’s hard to be patient but i decided to get what i wanted and just wait… i’m afraid of the 2023 GT idk if it’s gonna be that half electric half not with all this talk going around…so ima just wait for the true muscle car and get it before it’s too late…

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I spent several years putting money aside and considering what I'd purchase. Things just kind of came together this year. If I have to wait the better part of '22 to get what I want, so be it.

I wouldn't consider making any more changes to an order. Delays, order bank closings, chance of wrong inputs by sales, etc.

I was hopeful supply chain issues would improve as the year continued, but if anything, they seem to be the same, if not worse sometimes.

Best Wishes to all in your orders.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
LOL .......... ever read or hear the one about hindsight. :sun:

Sponsored

Dave in GVegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 XLT Supercrew
Maybe we can start a support group and hold weekly check-ins: "Hi I'm Dave and I placed my order 9 days ago."

We could hand out tokens at 30, 60, and 90 day intervals.

Grabby McBluestang 2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
1998.5 Ram 2500, 2021 Ram Rebel
Maybe we can start a support group and hold weekly check-ins: "Hi I'm Dave and I placed my order 9 days ago."

OMG!!!! THATS HYSTERICAL!!!!

Hi I'm Josh, I placed my order Jan 13th, I've been patient since then. I almost had a relaps when I saw my friend with a new Toyota and he wanted me to go for a ride with him. It was so hard.... April 13th will be my 90 day anniversary....

Jeff22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500

9 days lol! I’m at 6 months yesterday

Dave in GVegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 XLT Supercrew
9 days lol! I’m at 6 months yesterday
To celebrate your achievement, we at Mustang Orderers & Waiters Anonymous wanted to get you something expensive....so we all chipped in and bought you a gallon of gas.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Once you get a VIN number = no more changes.

Sponsored

22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2020 f150 xlt, 2013 avenger 3.6l, 2017 f350 srw xl
Hi my name is Kris and I placed an order on 12/17/2021 for a manual 301A GT with black accents. I'm so glad I found this support group!

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),

Hi, my name is JD. I placed my order on 15JUN2021. I had to reorder in November 2021. I still do not have a car. (but I have a build date)

gjbroder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Hi... My name is Gary.... My M1 has actually been built and shipped as of 02.04.22. It has been sitting at a train depot for 8 weeks now and the ETA is extended every week to the following week. Dealer does not have any further updates other than to say.... WTF!!!

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
Hi... My name is Gary.... My M1 has actually been built and shipped as of 02.04.22. It has been sitting at a train depot for 8 weeks now and the ETA is extended every week to the following week. Dealer does not have any further updates other than to say.... WTF!!!
I just imagine the stang just sitting in the corner and people working and they glance at it like "hey this cars been here for a while, should we do something about it?"

"nah idk Jim, i'm sure it will sort itself out"

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
Every day that passes, I find myself contemplating another add to the build. Started out with an absolute stripper GT. Added 301A. Then decided to make it a premium. Now thinking about performance pack and magneride. Trying to hold off so I can add some more track focused parts to it. Then, I start tossing around the idea of waiting for a 2023/2024 if this runs past August.

No real point to this thread aside from commiserating with all the other people waiting…..
In early November 2020 - I was you. Only difference being we were all now 7 months into this Covid nightmare but there were about 60 or so Mustang GT Premiums with 401A and the Performance Level 2 packages out there nationally at dealers. And I had to have ebony leather Recaro's indoors and I wanted Race Red outdoors. I found 4 cars. I didn't hesitate and I bought mine in Omaha and had it sent to me by private carrier to Connecticut. And it has 1,350 miles since then on it and I spent north of $6,000 so far buying Apex EC-7's, Cortex, Steeda, Vorshlag, more Michelins, a Barton Hybrid 3, an AIM Solo DL 2 and Smartycam and it goes on and on.

Maybe I should've gotten me a 350R but hell I'd still get more stuff. But I drive these things and I like tracks all over. But I've owned pretty much every Mustang there is although a '55 Chevy Bel-Air 2dr. hardtop was my first car and boy was it sweet!

That was then and this is now. Now, like others here, I could get serious money for that 2020 Level 2. But it's not for sale.

So I would say to you that if you really love these cars and if you can be a little virtuous and patient...... We are all aware of this huge supply chain logistics problem today.... semiconductor shortages. Problems aren't going away anytime soon.... so be real -- Just think about what you want..... think about what you REALLY WANT.... and yeah... push yourself to stretching what you can afford..... BUT DON'T WAIT. DO IT.

Take it from an old guy like me. I still love and I still dream and I have passion. This is all deja-vu for me. And I tell you there's a rainbow coming for those who wait. BUT GET THAT ORDER AS COMPLETE AS YOU CAN AFFORD> and borrow a little if you have to before rates go stupid.

I bought a '67 Shelby in March of 1973 and I still have it. Paid $1850.00 then. It's not for sale.
And the very few cars I passed on... I still regret to this day. Only to be reminded by my 94 year old father that "Dave, you can't own 'em all".

NEVER GIVE UP - GET WHAT YOU WANT. LIVE LONG. ENJOY!

May all your dreams come true. Hang in there. Don't be one of the "Shoulda and couldas" !

DO IT.
Sponsored

Last edited: