Sponsored

Visor and homelink, dead??

chadmclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys,

So the other day I noticed my homelink garage remote on the visor, stopped working. The vanity lights aren't on either.

The passenger vanity has power. Is there a fuse maybe, or? I know its direct battery power, not a coin type. Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Sponsored

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
A fuse has blown, did the same thing to mine when I was swapping the the bulb for an LED one in the glove box. Easy and cheap fix. here's a link to the thread which I started to fix it. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15957

It's fuse 1 in the foot well on the passenger side. 10 amp micro fuse2. They have them on amazon or you can get them in a mix and match set at Pepboys for like 5 bucks.

OP
OP
chadmclark

chadmclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
A fuse has blown, did the same thing to mine when I was swapping the the bulb for an LED one in the glove box. Easy and cheap fix. here's a link to the thread which I started to fix it. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15957

It's fuse 1 in the foot well on the passenger side. 10 amp micro fuse2. They have them on amazon or you can get them in a mix and match set at Pepboys for like 5 bucks.
So awesome, thank you for the reply!!! :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
chadmclark

chadmclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Damn, bought the fuses, changed em, no luck. Wonder what else it might be. Seems like no power to the whole thing (both bulbs and the remote).

I am due for an oil change from Ford ... Guess it would be covered under warranty. Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
If you haven't figured it out yet...
It's fuse #1 for the fuse box IN THE CAR by the passenger seat. The fuse is Micro2 5amp and you should be able to find it a O'Reilly for cheap. GL

Sponsored

klousgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT Black
If you haven't figured it out yet...
It's fuse #1 for the fuse box IN THE CAR by the passenger seat. The fuse is Micro2 5amp and you should be able to find it a O'Reilly for cheap. GL
Manual says its a 10amp Micro2

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Resurrecting an old thread - did a search and this came up. The same things just happened on my 2017 convertible. I tried the #1 fuse but when I pulled it out the passenger side visor vanity lights went out. Put it back and they came back on. So it isn't a bad #1 fuse.

Is there something different with the 2017 and the fuse for the driver side vanity light and home link?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What does your owner's manual (or the fuse box index) say? It has to be a fuse IMO; you just have to find the right one. It should be a fuse on the passenger kick panel (inside the car). Good luck.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
This is the listing for the 2017:

Fuse or relay numberFuse amp ratingProtected components
110ADemand lamps.
27.5APower mirror memory module.
320ADriverconsole unlock.
4-Not used.
520ASubwoofer amplifier.
6-Not used.
7-Not used.
8-Not used.
9-Not used.
10-Not used.
11-Not used.
127.5AClimate control module.
137.5AGateway module. Steering column control module. Instrument cluster.
14-Not used.
1510AGateway module.
1615ADecklid release.
175ANot used (spare).
185AIntrusion sensor module.
197.5APassenger airbag deactivation indicator.
20-Not used.
215AIn-vehicle temperature and humidity sensor.
225AOccupant classification system module.
2310ASwitches. Power windows. Rear-view mirror.
2420ACentral lock unlock.
2530AMagneride.
2630ARight-hand front-window motor.
2730AAmplifier.
2820AAuxiliary body module.
2930ALeft-hand rear-window power.
3030ARight-hand rear-window power.
31-Not used.
3210ARemote keyless entry. Multi-function display. SYNC. Global positioning system module. Gauges.
3320AAudio head unit.
3430ARun-start bus.
355ARestraints control module.
3615AAuxiliary body module.
3720APower distribution box run-start bus.
—30ANot used (spare).

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Since it isn't fuse #1 on my car, any thoughts on what fuse it could be from that list?

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Since it isn't fuse #1 on my car, any thoughts on what fuse it could be from that list?
If the #1 fuse works both visors (a reasonable deduction) and you know the fuse works, then it’s not a fuse. Check for a connection issue. Also check the wiring.

This might help.

Last edited:

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I replaced the visor today, got a pretty good deal off Ebay on a pair of visors. If anyone needs a passenger side let me know!

I'm not sure why the guy in that video took 2 hours to remove the first cap. That was pretty easy I thought. The metal clip - not so easy. It ended up in the header still and took forever to fish it back out. I finally put tape on my finger so it would stick to my finger. The hole is too small to get more than one finger in.

After finally getting it out I noticed the clips on top were bent. Forged ahead and got everything installed, put the metal clip back in and when I tried to seat the plastic cap -- the clip broke (parts are now somewhere in the A pillar).

The Ford dealer had the clip in stock, for $5.27. If you ever have to replace the visor just get the clip ahead of time because it is very likely you will break or lose it.

Here is the part number:

20210118_163357.jpg

And the clip that is a problem

20210118_163405.jpg

All set now, HomeLink programmed again and working, along with vanity lights.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Glad you resolved the issue with a new visor. If not the fuse, it had to be the wiring, or the visor.

Hey, a related question: When you move your driver's visor to the side, does it have some resistance to it? My stupid visor moves with no friction, so it doesn't stay on the side. After spending hours to remove and put the damn thing back after removing the airbag labels and installing LEDs, I don't want to ever remove them again. Ha ha. But wondering if all are like that, or just my car. Will scrutinize it and see if I can shove something up the shaft to cause some friction, so it stays in place. Oh, but the damn thing is hard as hell to pull down; go figure.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Both my original and the replacement have resistance when I move it to the side. And stays in place when I set it.

Did you put a new clip in when you re-installed it?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
No, but it was like that before I removed it. And same thing with how hard it was to move down... but that is getting better. Besides, that clip has nothing to do with the friction of the visor shaft, for what I remember. But forgot to scrutinize it when it was removed, to see if I could do something about it. Oh well; I'm not removing it again. Ha ha. Will see if I can do something while it's in place.
Sponsored