Vibration under car

MHW100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush Stage 3
If I force the car into a stall backing up or going forward it sounds like something is loose or vibrating until the car gets under way or stalls out. I’ve had the exhaust and heat shields checked and they are all secured. Same for the belly pans at the front and back.
Did I read long ago about something was loose around the bell housing or around the transmission? I tried a search but couldn’t come up with it.

Thank you in advance for any help to lead the Ford techs.
Sponsored

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Have you checked the driveshaft and axles?

Just as an aside, most cars if you lug them into a stall or close to it will make some clunking noises.

OP
OP
MHW100

MHW100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush Stage 3
Yes they did check those. Perhaps the lugging is normal.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Sounds like they have checked the right stuff so hopefully that clunking is the just the car saying "hey don't do that to me!!"

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 GT Premium California Special 10sp
If it has the Torsen Limited Slip Differential it might be that. Mine does it and it's very annoying sometimes. In my GTCS it usually shows up most noticeably before I've driven it far after a cold start and it's most obvious when I'm turning under acceleration.
https://www.maximummotorsports.com/Torsen-Limited-Slip-Differential-C157.aspx

Sometimes it seems to slip but it may be my crappy Pirelli OEM tires slipping. They make no nose when then slip except for what I would call a dragging noise like rubbing an eraser across a chalk board.

Oh... Sometimes is makes a loud clunking noise when I first move the car after a cold start and it's been sitting all night.

I'm told it's normal but it drives me crazy. My 2020GT didn't do it but it didn't have the Torsen Differential.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MHW100

MHW100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush Stage 3
Thank you. I think it’s more coming from around somewhere behind the engine.
Sponsored