Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Yes that's my point, if it's not the truley the driveline but yet the hose clamp fixes vibration on a temp bases, then what is the true culprit?
Some believe its the rear end shifting around from the soft bushings. From what I've seen of the rear end mounting hardware, this is a plausible theory.
Sponsored

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
I makes sense cause mine was totally cured only to come back days later. Rear end is moving around too much. I'd rather feel the driveline than the vibes. Vibes are NOT driveline noise. 2 different things!

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
Just wanted to update everyone on my particular case. I've posted a lot of good tech here from lots of experience with the drivetrain vibration problem in the older SN95 cars with IRS.

I had a local shop let me use a lift and I brought my own dial indicator, which turned out to be of little use.

Turns out, flange runout was 0.000". However driveshaft runout at the machined hub that mates to the pinion flange was 0.020. That's too much unless there's quite a bit of compensatory imbalance in either the flange or on the shaft. Interestingly, max runout was exactly 180 degrees from the yellow dot.

I marked the driveshaft accordingly and indexed it 180 degrees relative to the pinion flange (in other words, I turned the shaft until the yellow dots are on opposite sides of the flange and shaft).

That cured the vibration. We will see if it comes back. I'm not sure what to think right now, but glad to be driving it without an airplane propeller under the console.

Will keep you updated. For you guys who don't mind a little bit of technical experimentation, and have a dealer that ignores the problem or denies that it exists, please try this simple experiment. You can even do it up to 4 times to index the shaft at the 90 degree positions. It won't help in all cases, but if your car is like mine it may respond.

Cheers.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Having owned three lifted Wranglers in my years these kinda vibes were a daily occurrence. But we were dealing with 4inch lifts and pinion angles, adjustable control arms etc. To me this is just unacceptable for a stock car.

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost coupe
I makes sense cause mine was totally cured only to come back days later. Rear end is moving around too much. I'd rather feel the driveline than the vibes. Vibes are NOT driveline noise. 2 different things!
This comment reminded me of our experience at FR in UT driving their 5.0 GTs in a HPDE class.
The car handled well, had plenty of power, but off the line from a stop it felt like the rear was moving around. Since I was coming from a EB, giving it a bit too much gas out of the box was easy to do until I got used to the throttle, but the rear clearly didn't feel "buttoned down".

Sponsored

Mcocell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ruby Red
just got a brand new driveline installed and the vibration is slightly better, but I can still feel is from 80-110 km/hr, worse around 80-90 km/hr
now I can feel it in the floor and steering wheel a whole lot more
and around 135 km/hr the shifter rattles like crazy
rhythmic vibrations

Thank you Gurjit for posting this! I had my driveshaft replaced with a new one by the dealer on 3-6-17 and afterwards I had the exact same issue you're having at the same speeds. I took my car back to the dealer yesterday. Today they told me that they'll be replacing the whole differential. I hope that fixes it though.

qwk93ta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 M6 & 2015 Hellcat A8 (10.83 @ 127)
Can you guys tell me when your vibration started? I have 5,000 miles on my 15 GT PP manual and don't have any issues. I'm a little concerned that it might start as I put more miles on it. Has anyone had it start at 10,000 miles or more?

Right now I have been offered $29k as a trade on either a 1LE or a Scat Pack. I like the Stang best, but I don't want to deal with the vibration issue.

Thanks for your help!!!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Chances are good for you that if you have no issue by now you wont have any!!! Keep your car! Im at 5000 miles i never had the vibration I went thru a n/a build which includes changing to a dynotech aluminum ds and still no vibes!!

Cruizer40

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special, FPP2
I noticed mine quickly enough after purchase. I thought it was tires and wheels until my new ones did the same. Took it to dealer had drive line inspected it was within spec. Did the hose clamp trick two weeks ago and thus far good

Mcocell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I bought mine in October/2016 and a couple of months ago my vibrations started. Initially, I thought it was tires and I bought new ones, but the problem persisted and became progressively worse. If you don't have it by now with that mileage then you're pretty much in the clear.

Sponsored

qwk93ta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 M6 & 2015 Hellcat A8 (10.83 @ 127)
I bought mine in October/2016 and a couple of months ago my vibrations started. Initially, I thought it was tires and I bought new ones, but the problem persisted and became progressively worse. If you don't have it by now with that mileage then you're pretty much in the clear.
How many miles did you have?

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
I initially voted no on this poll, but then started noticing the vibration at about 3000 miles. I do a lot of interstate driving and I don't sit in the 50-70 range for very long, so it may have always been there. I'll probably be buying some suspension parts in the near future and when I install them, I'll balance the driveshaft at the same time. Hopefully locating the IRS and balancing together should make the fix permanent.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
14,000 on my car. I voted Yes on the poll, but my vibe has always been mild. It's really not enough to bug me and I don't even think about it often. I only started to notice after finding this thread.

It has not changed in level since the car was new.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Well I'm ready to file with BBB now. My car has been at the third dealer for over a week and I don't think they've done anything with it. I'm just getting the runaround. So do you file with Ford itself or the dealer? I searched for Ford in Dearborn Michigan and it came up but with no reviews. That can't be right. Please someone who has done this before tell me exactly how you did this and what you got out of it.
Sponsored