Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

amilhazes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, CO, 3.55, 20" prem's
Update on my 2016 GT ... IT'S FIXED! I picked up the car tonight and anxiously accelerated to the magic 50mph threshold and....nothing! No vibration - it was a huge relief.

I was very pleased with the response that I received from my dealership here in Scottsdale, AZ (AutoNation Ford). Again - I dropped it off Wed 7am and had it back Friday 5pm.

I will say that I am still anxious. I'm afraid that one day that vibe is going to creep back. Perhaps I'm just overly cautious. If it does - I will update this thread.

Thanks again to everyone that added to this thread - I believe that it really helped me to get a very quick response.

What work was completed. Tell them to contact crossroads ford of Indian trail North Carolina !
Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150
Yes, please share what was done to fix this vibration.
The problem is that there is not single fix. It might be a DS or it might be a flange or it might be a combination. They put 2 new DS in my car without it fixing the problem. Actually made it worse one time. Replaced the pinion flange and that fixed it. Mine didn't get fixed until the Ford engineer came and worked on it. If they can't get your car fixed, ask to have the engineer come and look at it.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
^^ This !!

My 1st replacement DS made my car worse, took another new one to fix it.
I have to wonder why they drag their heels on the flange tho, it's only a $25 part from what I've seen.

amilhazes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, CO, 3.55, 20" prem's
The problem is that there is not single fix. It might be a DS or it might be a flange or it might be a combination. They put 2 new DS in my car without it fixing the problem. Actually made it worse one time. Replaced the pinion flange and that fixed it. Mine didn't get fixed until the Ford engineer came and worked on it. If they can't get your car fixed, ask to have the engineer come and look at it.

I first need the dealership techs to acknowledge the problem and not claim it doesn't exist

Sponsored

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
I first need the dealership techs to acknowledge the problem and not claim it doesn't exist
You might try to kick it up the chain at your dealership to the service manager or customer care people. That can't hurt, if you haven't already done so.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Glad to see it was resolved for you. Next week I'm gonna call the dealership to see where my driveshaft is at. It's been a couple weeks. It took almost 3 weeks to get my spare tire in for some reason. I don't expect 2 days but weeks is too long. In a couple weeks I want to take the car to my parents out of state to show them and I'm not taking a loaner Fiesta down to Florida. I'm sure many of you can relate to wanting to show your dad your new Mustang, so not having it is not an option, even if that means delaying the fix.

Alan2955

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ecoboost premium auto convertible standard suspension optional 19 inch wheels
Vibration 50 to 75 mph

Last summer I decided to buy a Mustang convertible. I test drove a 2015 ecoboost automatic. I noticed a loud annoying booming vibration at highway speeds. Thought maybe tires were to blame. I ended up buying a used 2014 V6 automatic. Runs smooth as silk at all speeds on smooth roads, even with 26 k on it. This week I was on vacation and rented a 2016 ecoboost automatic convertible. I noticed pros and cons to my 2014. But the biggie happened when I hit about 50 mph. A very loud very annoying booming vibration set in. It's truly horrible, and remains annoying up to about 80 mph where it smooths out and sounds like a normal vehicle. The car was built in January 2016 and has about 3000 miles on it. So in well over a year of production Ford still has not solved this issue. If I had bought the car I'd be furious! I wouldn't trade it even for my 2014! I feel for all the people on here fighting this issue. It truly ruins the car. I was considering buying a Ford Edge this year. Given what I'm seeing on the Mustang I think I'll pass. Ford can't seem to get it together. Pitiful! I hope the geniuses at Ford wake up and fix this for you owners. I was hoping to trade my 2014 for another one year old used one in the newer body style in a another year or two. I definately will approach that idea with extreme caution!

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Sponsored

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Annv. Magnetic
Hello,

I have been on and off with this thread; so please excuse if I missed something. Is the vibration everyone is talking about a slight shimmy with the steering wheel? I notice this at 60mph to 70mph the the wheel has some movement/slight vibration, but I don't hear any vibration noise like some describe. Just wanted to make sure this was the issue so I could get it addressed. Thanks!!

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Hello,

I have been on and off with this thread; so please excuse if I missed something. Is the vibration everyone is talking about a slight shimmy with the steering wheel? I notice this at 60mph to 70mph the the wheel has some movement/slight vibration, but I don't hear any vibration noise like some describe. Just wanted to make sure this was the issue so I could get it addressed. Thanks!!
That but also feeling a vibration through the chassy just feels very rough and not a smooth ride.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
This is what I get - slight shimmy in the steering wheel. However it does occur at the speed range noted.
When I put my hand on the center console or gear lever, everything feels smooth.

My dealer said I have 12k miles or 12months to request free road force balancing of the OEM wheels. I plan on purchasing new aftermarket wheels this summer, and which will be RFB checked before arrival. So I will use that second wheel set to judge if it stays with the car, or follows the wheels.

This "passive" plan is my way of staying out of the dealership, checking some things on my own, and while continuing to read this thread. Some problems actually DO go away if ignored long enough!

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Fastback, Magnetic, 051A, MT, 3.55
V6 - 051A - No vibration at all, Blend date Feb 29th 2016.

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
V6 - 051A - No vibration at all, Blend date Feb 29th 2016.
Same car but in VERT style. Does the 3.55 attached to the manual have immunity with this problem.
Sponsored