Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
Want to Thank you for the information you supplied here NorthernVAMustang. Really hope to see how and what you end up with as a fix with your dealership. I took mine in today with both SSM's. I went for a test drive with Shop foreman and he agreed that it felt like drive-line. More to follow. My dealership has been pretty good thus far.

What did they tell you when you told them about the ssm?
Sponsored

Saber7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Automatic
What did they tell you when you told them about the ssm?
Not too much. I may have overwhelmed then a tad not on purpose but I wanted them to know that many folks are having this issue across the board whether it be manual, automatic , 5.0 vs v6 and ecoboost. I printed off key parts of the thread in color and made one for them and myself. I tabbed it as well. 70 pages worth but printed it 2 sided so a little over 35 or so pages. Shop foreman recognized the vibration issue before we even got on the freeway as I was able to briefly get it above 60mph. They were extremely busy and it was likely that if I left my car with them they wouldn't have gotten to it today so I am waiting for a call to bring it in to minimize my downtime. But I got the impression they were approaching it as something is not right with my drive-line.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Unless they just now updated the driveshafts I can tell you this will not fix the issue. I have had 2 put in my car and the vibration is back now worse than ever and its back at the F***** dealers again. Tired of this shit and my days are numbered with this car if its not fixed this next time I get it back. 2 driveshafts, carrier bushings, rear end and drive axles and its worse so.....

Last edited:

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Unless they just now updated the driveshafts I can tell you this will not fix the issue. I have had 2 put in my car and the vibration is back now worse than ever and its back at the F***** dealers again. Tired of this shit and my cars are numbered with this car if its not fixed this next time I get it back. 2 driveshafts, carrier bushings, rear end and drive axles and its worse so.....
Rear subframe alignment is probably what it needs .

I am thinking there are 4-5 things (tire balance , drive shaft , half shafts, alignment , input flange, etc..) that could cause the vibrations , and no one fix works for everyone because they either have a different cause or a combo of causes.

We could also be looking at tolerance stacking , where a few components that are at the edge of spec leads to a system that it out of spec.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I have had 3 sets of wheels on this car and it didnt change the vibration one bit so I know thats not the case with my car. That being said I wonder if the Steeda Subframe alignment bushing kit would be worth the $40 investment.
Mine was completely gone for the first week after they did all the work mentioned above and it came back worse so I am putting it all on Ford to fix at this point. I am just wondering what makes some cars get this so bad and others not at all. Frustrating

Sponsored

Saber7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unless they just now updated the driveshafts I can tell you this will not fix the issue. I have had 2 put in my car and the vibration is back now worse than ever and its back at the F***** dealers again. Tired of this shit and my cars are numbered with this car if its not fixed this next time I get it back. 2 driveshafts, carrier bushings, rear end and drive axles and its worse so.....
Mine is in there now we'll see how this transpires

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Mine is in there now we'll see how this transpires
Keep us posted. They have mine too and the dealer told me Ford told them to start switching out the same parts again and they are only a month old in some cases

Saber7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have had 3 sets of wheels on this car and it didnt change the vibration one bit so I know thats not the case with my car. That being said I wonder if the Steeda Subframe alignment bushing kit would be worth the $40 investment.
Mine was completely gone for the first week after they did all the work mentioned above and it came back worse so I am putting it all on Ford to fix at this point. I am just wondering what makes some cars get this so bad and others not at all. Frustrating
Are they claiming they are balancing the driveshaft or just installing a new one? Also, I am thinking your getting close to the last resort replacing the diff altogether like Juben on 4/25/2015 which resolved his problem after 2 driveshafts as well. Haven't heard from him since he claimed he was good to go.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Are they claiming they are balancing the driveshaft or just installing a new one? Also, I am thinking your getting close to the last resort replacing the diff altogether like Juben on 4/25/2015 which resolved his problem after 2 driveshafts as well. Haven't heard from him since he claimed he was good to go.
New and balanced. Diff already replaced as they found shavings in it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Just wanted to update you guys that the vibration came back after the dealership installed a new driveshaft. Last time I posted I said the vibration was gone but that was temporary. Next week I'll be selling my car because of this issue. This was the first Ford I owned and probably the last. If anyone is interested I will be selling my ARH exhaust with H pipe and taking off my gt350 intake. I'll be posting it as soon as I get some pics.

Sponsored

Saber7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my car back Thursdsy, and so far, the problem appears to have been resolved. I hope I'm not jinxing it, but having the differential replaced finally worked.

I didn't get an invoice on the work performed, but I will Monday and post it up so everyone will know exactly what was done.

Hey Juben do you still own the Mustang and if so are you still good to go?

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Just wanted to update you guys that the vibration came back after the dealership installed a new driveshaft. Last time I posted I said the vibration was gone but that was temporary. Next week I'll be selling my car because of this issue. This was the first Ford I owned and probably the last. If anyone is interested I will be selling my ARH exhaust with H pipe and taking off my gt350 intake. I'll be posting it as soon as I get some pics.
Are you taking a loss on the car ? I am going to Lemon Law mine if its not fixed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I'll be trading my car in for something else. So far the best trade in quote I got was $27k. My car stickered for $35800 new.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Mine was $43k but I got a heck of a deal. Have not bothered to shop around, heck Ford has had the car most of the summer anyway

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
mmmm maybe ill cancel my dealership date for this until there is a better fix lol
Sponsored