Vibration around 2400 rpm

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
Has anyone else experienced the engine vibration around 2400 rpm? Kind of sounds like piston slap. I think I remember seeing a post here about it.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Piston slap should only be a sound and only before the engine is warmed up. If you have an actual vibration, it's usually going to be something else.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^^ This - but we need to be careful when self-diagnosing these things on the forums. For 10 people who say "I hear it", "it" could be a couple different things.

Actual piston slap might be heard before the engine is warm. If the engine is already warmed up, it's either something else or, if it's piston slap, something is seriously wrong.

Most engines (especially with short piston skirts, which seems like a lot of engines these days) experience that slight rattle sound at part throttle before the engine is warmed up. Some engines you can hear it, some you can't. If it doesn't go away after it's warmed up, have the dealer check it out.

If you want to give it a check before you send it to the dealer - get a stethoscope.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...tethoscope&sprefix=engine+stethoscope,aps,153

Sponsored

OP
OP
bdub85

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
^^ This - but we need to be careful when self-diagnosing these things on the forums. For 10 people who say "I hear it", "it" could be a couple different things.

Actual piston slap might be heard before the engine is warm. If the engine is already warmed up, it's either something else or, if it's piston slap, something is seriously wrong.

Most engines (especially with short piston skirts, which seems like a lot of engines these days) experience that slight rattle sound at part throttle before the engine is warmed up. Some engines you can hear it, some you can't. If it doesn't go away after it's warmed up, have the dealer check it out.

If you want to give it a check before you send it to the dealer - get a stethoscope.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...tethoscope&sprefix=engine+stethoscope,aps,153
I'm going to have the dealer check it out because I can reproduce the noise when the engine is fully warmed up.

I mainly just want to make sure nothing is mechanically wrong. I expect to have additional noise and vibration on a car like this.

SixSpdCyclone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
see signature
For what it's worth, I experienced a vibration that felt like a driveline issue from the moment I picked the car up from the dealership. I originally dismissed it as a wheel imbalance, but it didn't vary with speed and the vibration was felt through the seat. I had the dealer look into it. They ran it on a lift and sent the data to Ford. Turns out the driveshaft was installed "up side down", or 180 degrees out of phase. They fixed it and the car drives much better now.

Not suggesting this is your issue, but for those who read this having experienced a vibration with the car perhaps my experience will help.

Good luck!

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
For what it's worth, I experienced a vibration that felt like a driveline issue from the moment I picked the car up from the dealership. I originally dismissed it as a wheel imbalance, but it didn't vary with speed and the vibration was felt through the seat. I had the dealer look into it. They ran it on a lift and sent the data to Ford. Turns out the driveshaft was installed "up side down", or 180 degrees out of phase. They fixed it and the car drives much better now.

Not suggesting this is your issue, but for those who read this having experienced a vibration with the car perhaps my experience will help.

Good luck!
Probably the markings on the driveshaft didn't lined up . How can this pass QA ?