Sponsored

Very bad wheel hop

2LoudMut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50 year anniversary
Hello everyone, I have a 2015 mustang gt 6 speed. I noticed if I aggressively accelerate or just dump the clutch in 1st and launch the car it gets severe wheel hop, I’m aware a little wheel hop might be normal for the s550s but even my buddy who has a track pack 2015 says he’s never seen wheel hop like that. I’m assuming it’s maybe bushings that went bad? I’m not too sure hopefully someone here has had a similar issue. Thanks
Sponsored

JayAction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Wheel hop is pretty standard from the platform even when new.

It's possible some bushings might be deteriorating, but you know steeda makes a 'stop the hop kit' that most people swear by. BMR has something similar

I'm actually about to install 'stop the hop kit', along with the upgraded delrin vertical links, and the toe links from steeda.

Steeda sell replacement bushings that are a lot firmer as well. Might want to look at those if you are dead set in replacing them or notice they have deteriorated. I hear the firmer ones, cause an increase an NVH though.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Stop the hop kit

OP
OP
2LoudMut

2LoudMut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50 year anniversary
Wheel hop is pretty standard from the platform even when new.

It's possible some bushings might be deteriorating, but you know steeda makes a 'stop the hop kit' that most people swear by. BMR has something similar

I'm actually about to install 'stop the hop kit', along with the upgraded delrin vertical links, and the toe links from steeda.

Steeda sell replacement bushings that are a lot firmer as well. Might want to look at those if you are dead set in replacing them or notice they have deteriorated. I hear the firmer ones, cause an increase an NVH though.
I actually just purchased the Steeda rear subframe brace,
Hopefully it helps

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Hopefully it helps
It won't. I have everything, plus spherical RCLA bearings, still doesn't help, at least not on super grippy concrete. Jus the nature of the geometry of the rear of these cars.

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Check differential bushings. Jack the rear of the car up and have someone shift it from first to reverse and back with the car running. You should be able to see the diff slop back and forth if the bushings are bad. Might even see them ripped.

With a 2015 it’s likely the bushings are wearing down or ripping

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully it helps
Shoot me an email to [email protected] & I will put you in touch with our team with some possible items to check out & then some of the recommended Stop the Hop Kit components.

Happy to help & consultations are free :)

Best Regards,

TJ

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It won't. I have everything, plus spherical RCLA bearings, still doesn't help
Then you have other issues. After the stop the hop kit mine spins or hooks, no bunny rabbits at all.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Then you have other issues. After the stop the hop kit mine spins or hooks, no bunny rabbits at all.
Glad your experience is better. Maybe we are not using it in the same application. It's not just me with the issue, as many other forum members have posted the same issue. It helps, but it's not the solution.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Pkg, Pony Pkg
I'm suprised no one mentioned the rear shocks. At 9 years old, compression dampening may be weak and contribute to the issue as well.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Maybe we are not using it in the same application.
Wheel hop is caused by deflection in the rear suspension. You have something moving when it shouldn't.

If you can place a go pro and point it at every suspension joint in the rear. Eventually you will find it.

I use my car on both drag strips and road courses. The car is set for road course, drags are secondary.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
^^ this - but that is what our team will want to check on from tire pressure, the tires you are running, etc.

Sponsored