Sponsored

VCT solenoid 5.0 - looks like i need one but UK on back order :(

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
hi, so finally managed to get some proper diagnostics done and the VCT for bank 2 exhaust is getting all the right commands electrically but it's stuck in advanced position hence my error code P0024 so we believe the VCT solenoid is stuck / worn / busted.
UK part numbers are for old part- 2308632 an new superseded? 2728627 but they are on back order of unknown timeframe. 60GBPounds to get here locally from Ford which aint great but any cheap ones I buy overseas cost the same by time they arrived. The other thing is because these are a pain to fit (valve cover off etc) is there anywhere that sells quality replacements that has them in stock and i can get one to the UK? I dont want to be having to get in there again cause cheap replacements failed
Other part numbers are OEM / Interchange Numbers: 2308632, 5193484, 5302190, BR3E6B297DA, BR3E6B297DB, BR3E6B297DC, BR3Z6M280A, BR3Z6M280D, BR3Z6M280E

Glossing over the fact that a Ford garage supposedly changed the inlet / exhaust VCT around yet fault didn't move with the solenoid but we know the inlets are working fine cause we checked with oscilloscope and Forscan for pulse pattern / timing and Camshaft position versus camshaft requested position.

edit: original part number in stock UK Ford so ordered it, collect this weekend then arrange fitting hopefully soon.
Sponsored

Last edited: