V6 vs EcoBoost

OP
OP

magnetticmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium OW 10spd
23 is way out of budget unfortunately. my budget is 18k and less. thats why the v6 and ecoboost are better contenders for my range. you're right tho-23k is an amazing deal for 435hp and a manual lol
Sponsored

OP
OP

magnetticmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
also ive read that the bmw 135i is a great performance car as well and can be had for a low price so thats something i am looking into as well

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
23 is way out of budget unfortunately. my budget is 18k and less. thats why the v6 and ecoboost are better contenders for my range. you're right tho-23k is an amazing deal for 435hp and a manual lol
If you’re looking for something under 18k I’d look at the Fiesta ST, and Scion FRS

Both can be had for under that.

But the v6 mustang is an incredible deal for around that price. You get a lot of power for that much.

OP
OP

magnetticmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you’re looking for something under 18k I’d look at the Fiesta ST, and Scion FRS

Both can be had for under that.

But the v6 mustang is an incredible deal for around that price. You get a lot of power for that much.
im going to test drive a manual v6 and manual ecoboost this weekend and see which i like more lol

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
It is good that you are going to test drive both. But in all honesty aside from the sound I think ecoboost is the way to go. Everything is just there for the ecoboost from trim levels to aftermarket.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if dealers usually fill the cars with 87 or 93 on the lot. I know when I test drove the Eco and V6 back to back, the Eco just didn't feel as good. Now if it was A6 vs A10, probably a different story. Especially with the bumped up power on the 18+ ecos.

OP
OP

magnetticmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FWD. Ugh.
I mean it handles much better just because its smaller. Not sure why it matters so much to you lol. I have had nothing but rwd cars my whole life. As I said I'm saving for my next car. But itll prolly be something with a smaller engine since handling is more my thing.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you made your choice, and like I said, never heard anything but good on the GTIs. I kinda want to try some of the hot hatches out myself to see what all the hype is about for them, but what I'm really looking forward to for my next car would be a Cayman or revised new Supra (hopefully more FT-1 looking front end and stronger engine/tune).

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Are they revising the new supra? I'm actually hoping they bump up the power for the gt86 as I really like that car a lot.
No, but I can't imagine that it will stay at the same power level Toyota has it at forever when the Z4 sits 50hp higher on what should be at least 90% the same engine. My purchase of one wouldn't be for a number of years so I've got time to wait for an update!

I really wouldn't expect much more power out of the 86 though, probably a revised power curve that address the torque dip.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
No, but I can't imagine that it will stay at the same power level Toyota has it at forever when the Z4 sits 50hp higher on what should be at least 90% the same engine. My purchase of one wouldn't be for a number of years so I've got time to wait for an update!

I really wouldn't expect much more power out of the 86 though, probably a revised power curve that address the torque dip.
I'm just waiting for the FRS / BRZ prices to get LOW. LQ4, plus alum heads, + T56 would be ridiculously fun.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you made your choice, and like I said, never heard anything but good on the GTIs. I kinda want to try some of the hot hatches out myself to see what all the hype is about for them, but what I'm really looking forward to for my next car would be a Cayman or revised new Supra (hopefully more FT-1 looking front end and stronger engine/tune).
My second car ever was the original '83 Rabbit GTI. In its day I think it was the most fun car for the money out there. For a fairly low output na four banger it felt surprisingly quick off the line. It was geared so low you were at 3,800 rpm cruising at 65 mph. I've never driven any of the later models but I imagine the power and refinement are miles ahead of what I had.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
GTI = Made in Mexico = no thank you
Sponsored