Sponsored

Utah Judge Halts Sale of Miller Motorsports Park

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Edge 2013 F150
This afternoon a Utah judge halted the sale of Miller Motorsports Park to Geely Holding Group which is a Chinese company. People around here have had their panties in a wad ever since the track went to a Chinese company. Living in Utah I have watched this story closely for quite some time and was very excited to see the GT 350's arrive and be delivered to the park. In my mind this meant the opening of the driving school and racing again at the park next summer. Apparently a development company claims they offered more money and were snubbed on the sale and off to court they went. When the cars showed up I did ask the manager of the Ford dealership what would happen to the cars if the sale failed? He stated that they would most likely be sold. So this asshole judge may have screwed up a great race track to make way for an industrial park. So, with this in mind there are a bunch of Shelbys parked in a garage in the west desert of Utah with their future unknown. Hard to say if they will come available quickly or if they will sit waiting for another asshole judge to decide the fate of the track which, with the way courts work, could take forever. :frusty:
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
The fallback plan would be just for the county to lease the land to Mitime if they can't outright sell it. There was a clause in the sale contract for this to be the case in the event of litigation as well. Not sure if that would be voided by this judges action as well though.

ghostrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mclaren
Gone are the days when people were passionate about the automobile and auto racing. We are a dying breed.

I hear in Germany, some douche bags want to take away the no speed limit autobahn. I will say it now. I will miss these days.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kray

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Edge 2013 F150
Matt: Good information. The news story didn't elaborate much so this will more than likely come up. There is hope then. Sounds like you will be watching this closely also. Hate the thought of this going away. It bothers me to think about those beautiful Shelbys sitting out there homeless! (lol)

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Whatever the outcome of Miller, even if it's inactive for a year or so while it plays out in the courts, it won't stop Ford from moving forward with whatever they maybe planning for Ford Racing School and its programs. There are plenty of tracks in America.

I have a lot of track rat buddies from LeMons and such. News travels pretty well on the Facebooks. It won't fall off my radar. :)

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)