safeer93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
So you caved and paid more?

Tisk...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How did I pay more? they were priced at $29,900 not including doc fee and other fees which came up to 30,491 and I got them down to 28,250 with everything except for sales tax and registration as I mentioned in OP stating that I will pay it back in OH.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I'm glad you started this thread. I was curious what kind of wiggle room the used 15's had as that is what I'll be purchasing this summer. At this point my goal is a GT with PP, with either base or Premier seats under 10k miles.

So it seems like the dealer only went down $750 for you and didn't eat any of the taxes/fees either. That's one reason I'm hoping to buy privately. A dealer is always going to need to make a profit which a private seller doesn't. Plus with taxes/fees, all the dealers I've dealt with don't even talk "out the door"/"all in" anymore on used cars. It's just understood full tax/fees/tags are going to be added on.

Based one what I'm seeing on the car classified sites, you did good. Not great, not horrible. Seems like what the going rate is for the non-PP premiums.

Congrats!! :)

-Emt1581

Sponsored

Barry626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang 2.3L
Beautiful car and LOVE the color ;) Best of luck with it!

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm glad you started this thread. I was curious what kind of wiggle room the used 15's had as that is what I'll be purchasing this summer. At this point my goal is a GT with PP, with either base or Premier seats under 10k miles.

So it seems like the dealer only went down $750 for you and didn't eat any of the taxes/fees either.
29900-28250 = 1650

OP
OP
safeer93

safeer93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
OP
OP
safeer93

safeer93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

So it seems like the dealer only went down $750 for you and didn't eat any of the taxes/fees either. That's one reason I'm hoping to buy privately. A dealer is always going to need to make a profit which a private seller doesn't. Plus with taxes/fees, all the dealers I've dealt with don't even talk "out the door"/"all in" anymore on used cars. It's just understood full tax/fees/tags are going to be added on.

Based one what I'm seeing on the car classified sites, you did good. Not great, not horrible. Seems like what the going rate is for the non-PP premiums.

Congrats!! :)

-Emt1581
Yeah I was in the same boat, seems like you could get the GT premiums for around 28-29k ballpark. Some dealers have them up to 31-32k I guess they want you to feel like you got a great deal by taking 2-3k off. It's all business and I'm really happy with the price. Especially since the window sticker of my car is around 39k :headbang:

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Yeah I was in the same boat, seems like you could get the GT premiums for around 28-29k ballpark. Some dealers have them up to 31-32k I guess they want you to feel like you got a great deal by taking 2-3k off. It's all business and I'm really happy with the price. Especially since the window sticker of my car is around 39k :headbang:
I'm using mostly cars.com which I wish had more private sellers as it's 99% dealers which are generally more expensive to deal with.

Right now the 15 GT's with Performance are in the $28k-$30k range. The GT Premiums are $30-$32 and if you want Premium and Performance it's $32k-$35k. All with under 10k on the clock.

But getting back to private sellers. Right now there's a guy with private seller asking $32k obo for a premium/performance GT...so probably can get it for $30k-$31k-ish...at least I'd hope. At a dealer they might go down to $31k but then they'll pile on the fees to make it up.

-Emt1581
Sponsored