Upgrade solely Subwoofer (401A)

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Is it possible to upgrade just the subwoofer/amp with the factory wiring still in place? Looking to add a bit to the stereo system, but not wanting to go into a full audio build.

I've got the Premium Shaker system, 12 speakers + subwoofer, iirc.

Any input is appreciated :cheers:
Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Upgrade the power supply cables apropriately dependant upon the Amps recommended Guages ..

All your really interested in then is the signal and it's source . High or low inputs .
How big of a Sub do you plan on running and quality of signal response and will the already installed DSP have any affects upon the signals execution from the newly installed amp and subs .

Just a few ideas to throw around and research into .

OP
OP
Zemedici

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Upgrade the power supply cables apropriately dependant upon the Amps recommended Guages ..

All your really interested in then is the signal and it's source . High or low inputs .
How big of a Sub do you plan on running and quality of signal response and will the already installed DSP have any affects upon the signals execution from the newly installed amp and subs .

Just a few ideas to throw around and research into .
Yeah I'm not sure what size the factory wiring is, I would assume pretty minute due to the fact the factory subwoofer isn't 'powerful' to say the least. However, I'm just looking to up the bump a little bit without having to go through the entire process of wiring a sub/amp kit/tucking wires, etc etc.

Hell I'd just put a little 8 or MAYBE a small 10 in there, like I said just a little more bump.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Then that would be dependant upon the newly installed Amps rated Amperage draw upon the already existing wiring . Plus the required amount of power required to drive the Sub ..

My best guess would you might as well install a 4 guage positive lead from the battery to the trunk to supply enough current to a decent Amp with enough balls to power a decent driver to achieve that increased trunk rattler you think you need ..................

What do you want to buy ? I will sell IT to ya cheap . Free shipping with every $100.00 you spend LOL .....

AMPS, Subs , Head Units . Interfaces and Wiring with expert detailed instructions included ..

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
Power and ground are AWG 14.

OP
OP
Zemedici

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Then that would be dependant upon the newly installed Amps rated Amperage draw upon the already existing wiring . Plus the required amount of power required to drive the Sub ..

My best guess would you might as well install a 4 guage positive lead from the battery to the trunk to supply enough current to a decent Amp with enough balls to power a decent driver to achieve that increased trunk rattler you think you need ..................

What do you want to buy ? I will sell IT to ya cheap . Free shipping with every $100.00 you spend LOL .....

AMPS, Subs , Head Units . Interfaces and Wiring with expert detailed instructions included ..
just need a sub/box/amp with more than the 15 watts the factory stuff puts out :) hahaha :headbang:

Power and ground are AWG 14.

oh god 14GA isn't rated for shit. Great, so gonna have to rewire that at minimum.
Sponsored